Shower timer pull switch

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Pierre1981, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Pierre1981

Pierre1981 New Member

SO I timed the boy in the shower this morning - 13 minutes.
    After saying over and over, get out, be quicker, etc etc it just isnt working - if im not at home he'd stay in for longer!

So, my thoughts, a pull switch with a timer, sitting between the isolator (which is on all the time) and the shower unit.

Cant seem to see any timed isolator pull switches anywhere

2. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Active Member

You are becoming irate over something that will not continue for long, have you forgotten when you were his age? Give the lad some slack.

seneca and KIAB like this.
  3. Pierre1981

Pierre1981 New Member

£40 a month showering one guy, there is a house full of us. 13 minutes is far too long

4. Pollowick

Pollowick Well-Known Member

Don't think it is that bad ... say 1/4 hour in a 10kW shower is 2.5 kWh. Which costs around 35p. So, one shower a day or 30 showers per month would be about £10. Maybe you should ask why he need a long shower every day.

5. Pierre1981

Pierre1981 New Member

ADHD , concentration issues. Literally need to spell everything out fo rhima nd set reminders (heating,lighting, etc etc.). So, this is a reminder device really to be done and dusted when we go off to work and cant prompt

6. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Well-Known Member

ADHD ?
    I bought my grandson some medicine for it...and on the back it said concentrate.....I thought, if he could concentrate i wouldn't need the flipping medicine !
    :D
    Rs