Shower Tray

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by C J ord, Jul 24, 2018.

1. C J ord

C J ord Member

Hello,
    Can anyone recommend a decent quadrant shower tray.
    Thanks
    Col

2. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

Firstly make sure you go for a tray with large hole for the 90mm waste, so to suit high flow rate showers - like combi systems or pumped or unvented hot water systems.
    Also low profile if down to floor as they are much neater, modern and easier to step into.
    As to make of tray, I am not sure.
    Mira, Matki, but probably are better types

3. The Teach

The Teach Screwfix Select

So many to chose from :)

Mira flight, (low profile tray on the floor) riser kit is available or coram shower trays.

Purchase a tray that has the waste fitting in the position you want it,ie to avoid under floor obstructions,some people find the trays with waste fittings adjacent to the door opening bothersome especially if the supplied mushroom shower waste is used.

If you dont mind paying delivery charges,victoria plumb are a good source of trays and glass enclosures.They have cheap & expensive. mira&coram are expensive for a reason ;).

Heat likes this.
  4. C J ord

C J ord Member

Thanks for the reply lads.

The trouble i am having is getting a decent quadrant tray with the waste where i want it. I dont want to keep having to step over it.

I found a Merlyn Mstone but the reviews were not good.

Has any one any views on JT Fusion Trays. or the Merlyn Ionic

Thanks again

Col

5. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

I've used JT fusion tray and it's nice quality. I've also used their riser kit which works well.

6. C J ord

C J ord Member

Thanks for taking time to reply. I will use the JT Fusion. for one job.

I would appreciate any views on Merlyn Ionic

Cheers

Col