Shutcon Concrete Blocks

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Ianzzz, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Ianzzz

Ianzzz New Member

Could anyone let me know if they know where I can get Shutcon Concrete Blocks from. I have asked at all major Builders Merchants and searched on Google but nothing. They are normally used for building swimming pools. I have contacted a swimming pool company and he says that he can buy them but won't tell me where. The blocks are a double skinned block, the two skins are held together with wire, once laid the centre is filled with concrete.

Thanks in advance

2. fitero

fitero New Member

Phone the pool guy back and tell him 'he is a miserable *

[Edited by: admin]

3. Guest

4. Big Jumbo

Big Jumbo New Member

...Or you could use a 9 " hollow block and put reinforcing bars into the holes before filling with concrete. The advantage is bound to be the cost and availability.If you really want to be extravagant, use 2 course of 6" hollows with cavity and tie between each course, then fill the cavity and, again using re-bar, concrete in the holes.

5. ÜÜ

ÜÜ New Member

That's a pity, we had 3000 Shutcon blocks left over from a cancelled job last week. Yesterday they were all put through our crusher for hardcore.

Never mind eh.

6. ÜÜ

ÜÜ New Member

btw, you could have had them for nothing.

7. paddyodoors

paddyodoors New Member

dont forget the expansion joimts or ur tiles will fall off