Siamp cistern spares.

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Dick Puller, May 3, 2010.

1. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

I know, B&Q *!! I need some spares, anyone know who would stock Siamp spares, namely a push button assembly. I've tried Lunns, but no joy.

It's for a wee auld wifey that stays down the road from me. You know, nip in on the way home, payment being a cup of tea & a scone.

[Edited by: admin]

2. natrosol

natrosol New Member

3. doing a bit

doing a bit New Member

is this a single flush version ?? does the button screw into the valve assembly ? probably got one in my shed . always keep extra parts etc

4. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

That's very kind DAB, but I've ordered one from the supplier detailed above.
    Thanks guys for your assistance, you have just restored my faith in human nature or it could just be the seriously good skunk I was smoking last night.

5. diymostthings

diymostthings Well-Known Member

being a cup of tea & a scone.

You can get the diaphragm (which invariably splits leading to ultra-slow fill) from the manufacturers (SIAMP)The part is 1.20 GPB, the postage and admin. is 8.50 GBP.

http://www.siamp.co.uk/

diymostthings

6. diymostthings

diymostthings Well-Known Member

diymostthings

PS - B and Q do sell replacement diaphrams (including the "screw in the centre" versions, but sadly not the SIAMP

diymostthings

7. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Yes, very expensive spares for a pile of *!!
    What a load of rubbish that Siamp stuff is, typical Orange shed *.

8. doing a bit

doing a bit New Member

the seriously good skunk I was smoking last night.

that will be the drugs you have consumed :^O

9. drew peacock

drew peacock New Member

so dick like mary jane......good times

10. drew peacock

drew peacock New Member

11. Bit Of Advice

Bit Of Advice New Member

For the price of them spares how come you didnt throw a fluidmaster master in, no ordering involved.

12. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Oh I would BOA, but the CC bolts are as rusty as *, so the cistern is staying where it is!!

We've all been there with these 'thank you' jobs.

13. Bit Of Advice

Bit Of Advice New Member

Certainly have, it always a nightmare job when it's a job for a neighbour or a friend.

Them quick jobs that take forever.

14. tightenit

tightenit New Member

Worthwhile knowing the warehouse staff in these places. It's surprising how helpful they can be with spares from returned goods where the innards are as good (or as bad) as they need be for the job.

15. doing a bit

doing a bit New Member

when i send stuff back thats marked or damaged i always keep the bag of kit and it always comes in handy somewhere

16. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Thank Gawd we rarely have to fit their(B&Q) stuff!!!!

17. Stuart Jnr

Stuart Jnr New Member

Siamp is the number one supplier to the UK market for cistern fittings.
    All Siamp cistern fittings supplied to the UK market are WRAS approved and come with a 10 year guarantee.
    The fact that for the last 10 years we have supplied Twyfords, Vitra, jaccuzzi, Ideal, Shires, and now supply PTS, Plumbcenter etc goes to show that Siamp is not a cheap, lesser quality product.

18. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Pfffft! How can you say that with a straight face!

19. tackleburger

tackleburger New Member

Joker. Try getting a spare for that stuff easily & quickly. You can get them but they want £35.00 for drop valve when a Macdee or a Fluidmaster is half that and I think better. Ideal Standard don't use them do they?

20. Stuart Jnr

Stuart Jnr New Member

Its actualy very easy..
    Since 1999 when the European regulations changed to where European manufacturers could sell into the UK market their top flush cisterns opposed to our lever operated cisterns, just over 9 millions push button operated cisterns have been sold. We know through this independent market reports, we also know the number of single and dual flush valves we have supplied to the UK market, approximately 4.6 millions.

So considering that Macdee, Thomas Dudley, Twyfords, Vitra, Ideal, Laufen either all purchase Siamp or have done over the last ten years.
    Also, Siamp products are also available through Plumbcenter, PTS, Wickes, Grahams, Travis Perkins, Focus... etc etc

I gthink you will be hard to find somewhere where Siamp products are not available, either through a direct account with us, or through one of our distributor networks