Siamp WC cistern valve - how does the fill valve work?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by diymostthings, Jul 28, 2010.

1. diymostthings

diymostthings Well-Known Member

Manchester they will send you out a replacement f.o.c.

Thanks for that info. Unfortunately the valve was part of a B and Q budget "toilet to go" promotion several years ago and the receipt is long gone. Also the valve has only recently started to fill very slowly. When this happened before, I traced the problem to a small split in the rubber diaphragm. Replacing this (expensive!) cured the problem but the slow fill rate has returned. There is no split in the diaphragm this time. Given this background I doubt whether Siamp Manchester would entertain any sort of claim from me!
    Thanks for the info though!

diymostthings

2. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

Well, miracles do happen a genuine appology? I'm impressed.

3. Stuart Jnr

Stuart Jnr New Member

Well i suggest going to siamp.co.uk to replace the diaphragm but keep your receipt to one side. There is a 12 month guarantee on rubber parts ( standard within the bathroom industry). If it goes again inside of the 12 months then you will get one free of charge.

4. david_williams1979

david_williams1979 New Member

Hi Spyder,

I am a bit late to the game here, but my Siamp Inlet has just started to play up.  I was also interested to find out why the refill of thre cistern was so slow, and during my investigation (after reviewing the videos on the SIAMP website) I found that the diaphragm had ruptured and split, a quick search and I found replacements (http://www.cwberry.com/ProductImageHandler.ashx?ItemNumber=08015219&Size=Display) for a very reasonable £2 a pop. I quickly fitted the replacement part and then turned the water back on....
    then the problems arose - the water flooded back into the cistern extremely quickly - it appears that the water rises inside the tube up to the back of the diaphragm, then this water is forced back down the tube and flows in to the base of the cistern at speed.  The inlet jet only trickles away, and closes off once the water level is reached.  The problem is that the water keeps on filling up and now runs into the toilet pan itself, something that never happened before I replaced the diaphragm!  I am currently having to control the flow using the isolation valve, keeping it a quarter open to help regulate the flow.
    Before I replace the valve, I just wanted to know if there is anything else I can try that would help at all?

Looking forward to your help

5. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

Hello davudwillaimson, I am spider I was last on here in April 2011. So you want me in particular to come bark & ansa your qwession, YES?

Would it not be better to throw it open so the other experienced peeps on here should helep yous? Anyways, I'll think of the ansa and get bark to yous.

6. david_williams1979

david_williams1979 New Member

I thought I would start the ball rolling with you as you posted the most explanatory response to the initial posters issue, let me know how you get on and I may open this up as you say.

cheers