Single & Double Sockets

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by Twinkx, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Twinkx

Twinkx New Member

A question for the Screwfix guys here - could someone kindly give me the catalogue numbers of suitable tools (including an electric drill) for drilling out single & double electric sockets in walls?

I noticed that the catalogue has bits the right size, but I'm not sure what type of drill I need to use them.

Thanks in advance,

Twinkx.

2. poolethetool

poolethetool New Member

Any SDS drill with Roto stop will do, the kit you will need is a box sinker.

3. Woody

Woody Guest

4. Or, if you don't want to spend £200 you could try:

Chisel
    Hammer
    Drill
    Masking tape
    Pencil

Draw around the box, drill holes all the way along the lines and across the insides, corner to corner.

Chisel out any brick / plaster etc left.

Job done, SBS drills haven't been around that long you know!

5. harry

harry Member

dislexia rules k.o.

6. WOLF

WOLF New Member

harry, what i really want to know, is what complete *king idiot decided to come up with the word dyslexia, for word blindness, when most of them can not even spell what most people would call basic words...think about it....

7. harry

harry Member

i was being ironic......honest

8. Tommy Walsh

Tommy Walsh New Member

I’m a diagnosed dyslexic and I can spell dyslexic so don’t take the rip. You’re still struggling with using capital letters at the begging of sentences so I don’t know what you banging about!

9. supersparky

supersparky New Member

your not that tommy walsh bloke off the telle are you?
    heh
    BR

10. kesh

kesh New Member

Don't u mean "Wommy Talsh"!

11. harry

harry Member

capital letters at the begging of sentences? sorry you will have to run that one by me again.as for capitals,they are not used like they used to be i admit. it seems to be e-mail speak that has changed our grammar.
    anyway don't lose sleep over it,i know i won't

12. kesh

kesh New Member

"begging of sentances?"??

Capitals at the beginning of sentances make it easier to read. Anyway I think trying to use correct grammar & spelling makes everything prettier. These methods have developed over time to perfect the best way of doing things, not just a bodge-job! Treat it like your work, craftsman!

13. Selka

Selka New Member

Wot about the spalling and grimmer?

14. ban-all-sheds

ban-all-sheds New Member

E-mail is written communication. Its evolution has not resulted in a change in the rules for grammar, spelling or punctuation. They are, and remain, the same as those that apply when writing a letter or an essay or a book or whatever.

15. Dewy

Dewy New Member

So many are used to sending text messages on their mobiles because they use them as a posing icon. They now find it difficult telling the difference between correct English and the tripe they are used to.

no wot i mene mait.

Hell. I could spell better than that before I started in the infants.

16. dj.

dj. New Member

not wiv wot yer sayin m8
    l8r

dj.

17. dj.

dj. New Member

you know i just did that an through second nature hit the spellcheck..........dur

dj.

18. marc the spark

marc the spark New Member

begging of sentances?"??
    Wel spotdid!
    Ha ha

19. -=Widow maker=-

-=Widow maker=- New Member

Thought you might have something to say abou that BAS, notice im writing full hand now opposed to txt short hand