Skil 20v tools anyone?

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by I-Man, Jul 14, 2020.

1. I-Man

I-Man Screwfix Select

Hi All - noticed B&Q have a range of Skil 20v cordless tools on clearance. Wondering if anybody has any experience with this range? I believe it's a "fairly new" range.

Using for just home projects, so doesn't need to be top of the range. Wondering if it's worth taking a punt just for the sake of the price (rest of my tools are mainly makita)

2. sparko69

sparko69 Screwfix Select

If you have been using makita you will probably find skil t
    If it's fairly new but already in a clearance sale I would be buying a different product

3. I-Man

I-Man Screwfix Select

i've seen some online reviews of the Skil 20v range from USA, they appear to be good - more interested in UK experience though

4. Sanzomat

Sanzomat New Member

Bit of a thread resurrection. I've just seen a Skil brushless jigsaw for sale on a well known auction site with an Erbauer EXT 4ah battery attached. Clearly the EXT batteries work with the Skil tools. I thought this was interesting as it always seemed odd to me that Kingfisher invented their own brand and battery fitting for the new Erbauer range. Having now made this connection I've had a browse of the current Skil range of PWRCore20 cordless tools and apart from the red vs blue colour schemes they all bear a remarkable resemblance to the Erbauer versions. A coincidence??
    I've got quite a few of the Erbauer EXT tools now and I find them great - have taken quite a bit of punishment. If they do share DNA with Skil (a respected brand across the pond) that actually gives me more confidence. Also good to know the batteries seem to be cross compatible.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  5. I-Man

I-Man Screwfix Select

Interesting to know.. I've also got some erbaur ext stuff and must say I'm very happy with them.