skil orca

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by flyingscotsman, Mar 31, 2006.

1. flyingscotsman

flyingscotsman New Member

Hi,have any of you guys tried the skil orca saw,was wondering how it would cope with a 40mm worktop,fed up carrying around my horse of a saw,(not getting any younger.)Cheers

2. flyingscotsman

Me again,or the makita 5017rkb.

3. trustedman

trustedman New Member

I love my skill orca, it eats worktops.

I had a Dewalt DW62 before and it was rubbish.

4. JMH

JMH New Member

I've got the Makita 5704, great machine, but the handle on the case is rubbish.

5. plastic bertrand

plastic bertrand Active Member

I've got a Performance Power Pro cos I don't make as much money as these flash b*stards:_|

6. flyingscotsman

Cheers lads,was wondering if the makita dust collection was as good as they made out,could come in handy.

7. Odd Job

Odd Job New Member

Hi, I've just bought a skil orca, It's very good. Cut through 40mm solid oak worktop easily. It's slightly odd as there is no riving blade at the back so you need a slightly steadier hand to keep it straight or do it properly and use a guide rail.

The little light on it is brilliant! I thought it was a gimmick but in this gloomy weather it really helps.

One other point is that the screwfix one DIDN'T come with a dust bag (despite one being shown on the website). I complained and they offered me a £10 refund (to buy a £15 bag!) but now they aren't replying to my emails... gonna have to call them.

8. flyingscotsman

Cheers lads the orca seems a safe bet,thanks to all.

9. bonnie the botch

bonnie the botch New Member

ive just been looking at this saw in the s/f listings and it doesnt seem to be available inn the 110v , is this correct.