skirting and architraves

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Hoskie, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Hoskie

Hoskie New Member

Hello chaps.

Could anyone tell me how your chippies charge for fitting skirting and architraves? I have 36mtrs of skirting to fit and architraves around 4 doors both sides. Iv already started the job (its an on going project) just wondered how much a joiner would charge. Im a plasterer and agreed to price it into my quote.

Cheers

2. Id be looking for about £200, depends how many mitres for the skirting and what sort of walls. Mind you I might not get it!

Hoskie, where are you based?

3. Hoskie

Hoskie New Member

Cheers. Im base in Yorkshire. The walls are **** (I didnt plaster them!) Im just scribing the internal joints on the skirting and the plaster is like the north york moors along the door frames!

4. Hoskie

Hoskie New Member

TKF im doing a lot of work in Leeds and Bradford at the moment for a private housing association involves taking out kitchens ripping of second fix joinery then going back after properties have been treated for damp then replacing kitchens and new second fix woodwork. Crazy crazy money.

5. I don't do contract work, strictly private/domestic.

6. Hoskie

Hoskie New Member

Well I have only tended to do private work but recently Im tending to do a lot of contract work and trying to mix it in with my private work which at times proves a challenge.

Just picked up a good contract in Pickering Yorkshire for a building firm.

7. Hoskie,

Are you a sole trader, do you employ anyone, sorry just being nosy.

I am a sole trader and steer well clear of employing anyone

8. bodget&scarpers

bodget&scarpers New Member

hoskie,im in surrey,my fav pub in the world is the birch hall inn in beckhole,u know it lad.

9. Hoskie

Hoskie New Member

TKF Im a sole trader going LTD at some point. I dont have permanent employees, I just sub work out and get help in when I need it which is becoming more frequent. The problem is people are busy doing their own work and you end up being in the **** a lot of the time.

10. Hoskie

Hoskie New Member

Bodgit is that Beckhole as in Whitby?

11. bodget&scarpers

YES,colin an sister,but colin has retired,but still lives opposite,best pub in world!!!!!
    just down from goathland.

12. Hoskie

Hoskie New Member

Oh I say I no the place well and those bloody sheep are destin to get run over!

13. bodget&scarpers

dinner is now being served in my hise in surrey.
    but wood luv a beckhole butty rite now,as i wood b on the nym,catch u l8r.