Slope Mortar bed (Shower pan) wetroom stage. What to do?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by MissBuilding1974, Sep 1, 2021.

1. MissBuilding1974

MissBuilding1974 New Member

Hi All,

I have installed my linear drain, levelled and position it in place with concrete and followed this with levelling compound a couple of weeks after to smooth and level the floor.

I am now ready to create my mortar bed slope (Shower pan) from the curb step to the drain however I want to know the following.

1. Should I membrane and tank on top of the mortar bed slope (Shower pan). So if any water seeps through the tile grout in any way (which it shouldn't) then at least this will flow back into the drain. In addition, adding tile (installation) suitable membrane would be good to prevent tile movements etc.. Like a ditra mat or something.

2. What ratio of sand/cement should I use for the shower pan (mortar bed) & what kind of sand? maybe sharp sand?

From looking at the photos below what should I do next, concerning the mortar bed and whether I should or shouldn't add a membrane.

Irrespective of what I have said. What would you do? I welcome new ideas and suggestions guys.

Thank you

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]