Slow waste flow from bath.

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by leechy, Jul 29, 2006.

1. leechy

leechy New Member

Any suggestions.

Just fitted a bath and when allowing the water to drain from it you can expect it to take 30 mins from full. I had to use a shallow trap which I know slows the flow but never had one take this long to drain.

The bath is perfectly level and there is no blockage of any kind as all the pipework is new. I think a P trap would have been better but not easy to fit. Customer said the bath took a long time to empty before but is taking longer now!?

Any ideas?

Also I used one of SF shallow traps and found it did not seal and easily cross threaded. Anybody else had the same problem?

2. britishblue

britishblue New Member

Sounds like a partial blockage somewhere. A shallow trap shouldn't make any material difference to the time it takes to drain.

BB

3. Spyder

Spyder New Member

Is there a proper fall on the waste? How long and what size?

Try some drain cleaner. May just be soap and hair.

4. MOONSHINE

MOONSHINE New Member

One shot instant drain cleaner will do the trick every time. buy mine from BQ

5. n510

n510 New Member

Where does the waste drain to? Stack, hopper, gulley? Can only be some sort or restriction if the bath is taking ages to empty.