Smart Switch Installation - Wiring

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by M Z, Oct 15, 2021.

1. M Z

M Z New Member

I have seen a few post here but somehow not sure why my switch has so many wires.

Somehow i can get the second neutral to go on using the extension as described on the pic. Can someone help me?please

Attached Files:

2. MGW

MGW Screwfix Select

I look at the existing dimmer switch and one is two way, and look at the new one and there is no provision for two way switching.

The screen shot shows double three gang switches, and the actual picture shows double two gang switching.

I can't work out if replacement switches are on/off or dimming.

However step one is decide what you are doing about the two way switching?

I have used relays in the lamps, smart bulbs, and smart switches, and I noted with power cut the smart bulbs default on, and smart switches default off. Relay is not yet in use. But I selected switch or bulb depending where used. The old dimmers are minimum bulb size 60 watt.

It does seem there is a brown, black, grey cable to the other two way switch, so safely terminating that cable seems you can do away with the two way switching.