Forum Support Smell

Discussion in 'Support' started by Adrian Offer, Dec 28, 2022.

1. Adrian Offer

Adrian Offer New Member

For a week or so, I have been getting a smell on my landing and mid stairs which is like nail varnish remover. It’s nowhere else in the house & it has nothing to do with any gas leak. Any ideas how to locate &/or get rid of would be appreciated please

2. dubsie

dubsie Active Member

Neighbours

3. Adrian Offer

Adrian Offer New Member

It’s semi detached and not neighbours side

4. dubsie

dubsie Active Member

Nail varnish / thinners....last time I came across that was in a cellar and it was the neighbours ....just because it's in the middle of the house doesn't mean it's not next door....might be the flooring etc that makes it vent in that spot

Its certainly not gas ...has someone spilt anything on the floor etc

5. Adrian Offer

Adrian Offer New Member

Nothing spilt & no cellar, it’s strange as it doesn’t smell in the 2 bedrooms either side of landing!

6. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Strange forum support issue!!

FlyByNight likes this.
  7. Adrian Offer

Adrian Offer New Member

It may be strange but I am appealing to the builder fraternity for help/advice in locating the problem & then dealing with it as somebody may have experienced something like it previously.
    Thank you for your comment!

8. Nanook

Nanook Active Member

I think there is crossed wires at play here.

You’ve posted your query in the ‘support’ section of the forum. This is normally just reserved for seeking technical help etc from the moderators or tech desk which run the entire Screwfix forum. Basically, it’s in the wrong place. No biggie. Easy mistake to make.

9. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

You have posted in the wrong section. This section is for 'forum' support! Lol!

Thank you for your cement! Woof!

10. Tilt

Tilt Screwfix Select

Where does your missus / partner do her / his nails ??? Lol.