smoking in public house"s

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by tetleyman, Jul 7, 2007.

1. devil's advocate

devil's advocate New Member

You've been cold turkey for a whole week, and you say "its going okay..."

Well, you were hardly an addict then, were you? Not a real smoker like the rest of us.

All these years and you were chust pretending to be a smoker so's you could hang out with the 'cool' crowd.

AND leading us all up the garden pole with this thread.

Pah.

2. devil's advocate

Mwoa mwoa.

(No tongues, mind you.)

3. tetleyman

tetleyman New Member

Devs, are you saying you are a smoker? you rum jockey after all you have called me,no hard feeling,it is NOT easy packing in the weed but i am giving it my best shot this time

4. devil's advocate

Nah, by 'us' I meant all my children on this forum.

You wouldn't catch me with a dirty habit.

And you sound as tho' you're reducing yours down to about 5...

5. devil's advocate

...dirty habits.

6. tetleyman

tetleyman New Member

well 16 wks into the smoking ban in public houses how do you think it is going?,ie is it as bad as people thought it would be,do you think trade in pubs has increased or decreased or is it early days yet now the weather is getting colder could that make a difference,me personally i have gave up smoking not easy,when you go outside for a cig you do not enjoy the cig the same as when you could smoke inside,i am hoping to get some honest answers off smokers,by the way I AM NOT ANTI SMOKING what i say is it is up to the individual whether and were they smoke, a non smoker can please theirselfs whether they go to that public house,i don't think they kept out of the pubs before the smoking ban so why should it make a difference now

7. Mr GrimNasty

Mr GrimNasty Active Member

According to the Daily Mail today, smoker lit up in pub, panic button hit and riot squad there in minutes!

Last time I tried to report a serious crime (offender still in locality) I gave up after being passed around and on hold for 20mins and he'd long gone!

What a great country - well done Labour.

8. tetleyman

tetleyman New Member

mr g i agree with you all the way

9. Mr GrimNasty

And now the 'authorities' are investigating the Top Gear presenters for using some smokers' pipes as props in the last program.

Who will come and save us now?

10. devil's advocate

I dunno. The Daily Mail?

11. tetleyman

tetleyman New Member

This is now my sixth week off the cigs,am i feeling any better for not smoking may be a bit but not as well as i thought i would be, but people say it is early day yet.the reason i am posting is i feel the ban on smoking in public places as help me to pack it in,who wants to stand outside a pub in winter rushing a cig because your cold,you feel like your do something wrong standing there having a cig,i am not anti smoking in anyway,i still say the law is wrong but it has helped me to pack it in,how do all you smokers feel about standing outside in winter having a smoke?

12. ª¹

ª¹ New Member

6 weeks you've deffo cracked it now, well done. You'll now be able to have a smoke without the addiction.

When you light-up, the buzz will be like never before, I promise you, and best thing is, it's now <u>you</u> in control, not that nasty Mrs Nicotine.

Enjoy.

13. devil's advocate

Hi tetleyman.

Genuinely pleased you're still there. As Hunty says, you can now reward yourself.

By walking through town and looking at the really sad saps standing outside their work premises, hunched shoulders, stamping their feet, drawing deeply on their **** and declaring to the world by their very presence "I'm not even smoking for enjoyment - I'm just a pathetic, weak-willed *

[Edited by: admin6]

14. devil's advocate

"...so unlike that sanctimonious twit who's watching me...

15. Clark Kent

Clark Kent New Member

This is now my sixth week off the cigs,am i feeling
    any better for not smoking may be a bit but not as
    well as i thought i would be, but people say it is
    early day yet.

Good for you tetleyman..

As for the well being, that depends on how dedicated you are to giving up (really want to)..

Do what I did after a few weeks...exercise, weight lifting etc (still do)

:)

16. Mr GrimNasty

Well everyone needs a pet to love.

17. Clark Kent

Clark Kent New Member

18. ª¹

ª¹ New Member

"Do what I did after a few weeks...exercise, weight lifting etc ...all whilst wearing my boyfriend's pink lycra catsuit.

19. devil's advocate

And I want it back.

20. tetleyman

tetleyman New Member

DEVS,coming up to 11weeks since i had a cig best thing i have done not easy but worth it,when i go to the pub and see people stood outside the door freezing their b------s off i say to myself thank f--- i do not need them cigs now.