Snow

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Harry Stottle, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

Here we go again; at the slightest hint of snow showers, the schools close. I wonder if 'elf and safety is being used as an excuse for teachers to have a day off.

2. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

I'm sure a few of my journeys to school would have been enough to make Ernest Shackleton give up and go home.

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

It must be PC gone mad or Brexit :p

Deleted member 164349 likes this.
  4. Teachers have no say in it mate its the head master that has all the say .

5. If you understand that 'elf and safety, in situations like this, is all about minimising the risk of any compensation claim being submitted, you then begin to understand why such decisions are made.

Proper health and safety is a positive benefit to society. Why should anybody go out to work, or school, or shopping and worry about whether they will get home safe that night ?

You can't have a totally capitalist lifestyle and not have predators looking for any reason to submit claims. Maybe we need more of a balance ?

Jord86 and Deleted member 33931 like this.
  6. I think your avatar is wonderful, 'arry -it is exactly as I envisage you.

Deleted member 164349 likes this.
  7. Sadly, the wrong person survived.

Hey! Filly! I bet you, too, would of run in to that school to tackle the gunman with or without a gun! Just like yer fat orange pal!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2018
  8. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Christ sake. learn English man. You of all people should know that the correct wording is "should have" (and on the subject, I'm entirely sure you'd have ran into that school as well and faced the armed suspect on your own,,, Not. )

9. Correct grammer says you can use any word you like provided it's italicised.

And, yes I would - I'd have been right behind you, JJ.

(Whenever I see 'JJ' appear with a new posting, I just know it's gonna be quality...)

10. joinerjohn1

11. No, JJ. Not as a human shield.

12. Anyhoo, must dash - need to regenerate my particulate filter :oops:

13. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

'fraid I can't claim to be as handsome as that DA.
    If "No win, no fee" solicitors were banned it would kill the compensation culture (that we all pay for) overnight and thereby stop silly notions about avoiding risk.
    By the way, brexit isn't the reason for the snow.

facilities likes this.
  14. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

WHAT? SNOW/SCHOOLS CLOSED COMBO????

YOU SIMPLY COULD NOT MAKE IT UP!!!!

r u HAVING A gIrrAffE?

WE ARE ALL GOING TO HELL IN A HANDCART!!!

15. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Only if your handcart has snow chains!:):);)

16. You want to ban free enterprise?

17. joinerjohn1

Can't ban that Jack. (but where the EU's concerned it just isn't exactly free, is it? )

18. facilities

facilities Guest

Again Harry one of the few guys on here that talks common sense, I class solicitors in general the same as I class bankers, and that is parasites and these are classed as being members of a profession, the oldest profession has more morals than that shower.

retiredsparks likes this.
  19. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

Fac..
    A tourist wanders into a back-alley antique shop in San Francisco's Chinatown. Picking through the objects on display he discovers a detailed, life-sized bronze sculpture of a rat. The sculpture is so interesting and unique that he picks it up and asks the shop owner what it costs. "Twelve dollars for the rat, sir," says the shop owner, "and a thousand dollars more for the story behind it." "You can keep the story, old man," he replies, "but I'll take the rat." The transaction complete, the tourist leaves the store with the bronze rat under his arm. As he crosses the street in front of the store, two live rats emerge from a sewer drain and fall into step behind him. Nervously looking over his shoulder, he begins to walk faster, but every time he passes another sewer drain, more rats come out and follow him. By the time he's walked two blocks, at least a hundred rats are at his heels, and people begin to point and shout. He walks even faster, and soon breaks into a trot as multitudes of rats swarm from sewers, basements, vacant lots, and abandoned cars. Rats by the thousands are at his heels, and as he sees the waterfront at the bottom of the hill, he panics and starts to run full tilt. No matter how fast he runs, the rats keep up, squealing hideously, now not just thousands but millions, so that by the time he comes rushing up to the water's edge a trail of rats twelve city blocks long is behind him. Making a mighty leap, he jumps up onto a light post, grasping it with one arm while he hurls the bronze rat into San Francisco Bay with the other, as far as he can heave it. Pulling his legs up and clinging to the light post, he watches in amazement as the seething tide of rats surges over the breakwater into the sea, where they drown. Shaken and mumbling, he makes his way back to the antique shop. "Ah, so you've come back for the rest of the story," says the owner. "No," says the tourist, "I was wondering if you have a bronze lawyer."

source: http://www.jokes4us.com/ethnicjokes/chinesejokes/chinesebronzeratjokes.html
    RS

Dr Bodgit, facilities and teabreak like this.
  20. facilities

facilities Guest

RS, enjoyed your little story I will repeat it if you don't mind when I'm out in company,

Just one thing the source of the joke seems to be ethnicjokes/chinesejokes the keepers of our morals on here may take umbrage at that (no not the admin) they know who they are and may be along shortly, although to prove me wrong they'll probably keep their heads down and go to bed early with their hot milk and Rusks :D