So Here it is...

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Odd Bodkin, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Odd Bodkin

Odd Bodkin Active Member

Merry Christmas (everybody havin' fun)!

Is anyone really looking forward to hearing that bloody tune again?

Every. Single. Year.

What is your favourite xmas song, though?

I've always had a soft spot for Greg Lake's 1977 opus, "I beleive in..." - a later performance here with Ian Anderson is really good.

2. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Pogues and sadly missed Kirsty Maccoll is my favourite

Jord86 and Broon like this.
  3. Broon

Broon Active Member

I second the Pogues

4. b4xtr

b4xtr Active Member

and me for fairy tale of NY

5. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Another one here for FToNY

Have you seen the Fireman/Women have done a cover of "Do they know its Christmas" this year trying to beat the X factor single.

WillyEckerslike and Allsorts like this.
  6. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Slade's song is a cracker, tho' - it really is on every level.

When they were regularly charting when I were a lad, I used to think of them as a pop band, but I now realise they were actually very accomplished. Not that I chose to listen to them...

There are so many terrific Chrimbo songs; HC War is Over, Greg Lake's, DTKIC (seriously - it is), Fairy Tale, Mistletoe and BS...

7. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Frankie goes to Hollywood power of love and Chris rea still driving home for xmas are 2 for me

8. Broon

Broon Active Member

I also like Baby it's cold outside and Mud - lonely this Christmas

9. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

10. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Haven't the snowflakes kicked off about "baby its cold outside". :rolleyes::rolleyes:

11. Broon

Broon Active Member

I have no idea. I just like the song by I imagine that if it's cold outside there would be snowflakes ;)

Isitreally likes this.
  12. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

If it snows, don't be making any snowmen.

It Snowed Last Night..
    8:00 am: I made a snowman.
    8:10 - A feminist passed by and asked me why I didn't make a snow woman.
    8:15 - So, I made a snow woman.
    8:17 - My feminist neighbor complained about the snow woman's voluptuous chest saying it objectified snow women everywhere. 8:20 - The gay couple living nearby threw a hissy fit and moaned it could have been two snow men instead.
    8:22 - The transgender man..women...person asked why I didn't just make one snow person with detachable parts.
    8:25 - The vegans at the end of the lane complained about the carrot nose, as veggies are food and not to decorate snow figures with.
    8:28 - I was being called a racist because the snow couple is white.
    8:31 - The middle eastern gent across the road demanded the snow woman be covered up .
    8:40 - The Police arrived saying someone had been offended. 8:42 - The feminist neighbor complained again that the broomstick of the snow woman needed to be removed because it depicted women in a domestic role.
    8:43 - The council equality officer arrived and threatened me with eviction.
    8:45 - TV news crew from ABC showed up. I was asked if I know the difference between snowmen and snow-women? I replied "Snowballs" and am now called a sexist.
    9:00 - I was on the News as a suspected terrorist, racist, homophobe sensibility offender, bent on stirring up trouble during difficult weather.
    9:10 - I was asked if I have any accomplices. My children were taken by social services.
    9:29 - Far left protesters offended by everything marched down the street demanding for me to be arrested.
    Moral: There is no moral to this story. It is what we have become, all because of snowflakes.

13. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

14. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

O-kay, but none of that stuff ever happens, does it IIR?

But whilst we're making stuff up.

8:00am: I made a snowman.
    8:05 - I wanted a carrot for his nose, but they're rotting in the fields until somebody invents robots to pick them.
    8:10 - A UKIP'er asked where it'd come from. I said the sky. They said they'd have to deport him. I stuck a blue passport in his hands.
    8:20 - I took out a mortgage to buy my snowman a scarf, because it turns out that pounds are worthless.
    8:29 - A scruffy blond man asked how much my snowman cost. I said the benefits of a snowman outweigh the costs. He wrote down £350m per week on the side of a bus.
    8:32 - Someone from the EDL asked me what the snowman was called. I said "Frosty". They said that sounded foreign and then firebombed my house.
    8:44 - I tried to rebuild my snowman, but an old, thin man from the conservative party said my snowman would have to pick himself up by his bootstraps.
    8:52 - I told a grey haired lady from the Tory party about it. She said she could fix it, but everybody just laughed at her.
    9:00 - I told an old man from the Labour party about it, but he was too busy laughing at the lady.
    9:10 - I told a man with a moustache from the DUP party about it. He yelled incoherently.
    9:20 - Tony Blair said something too, but everybody rolled their eyes and told him to 'k'off.

Moral: If you're going to post cringeworthy satire, at least do us the courtesy of making it original instead of copy-pasting that carp.

edit: Oh yeah, FToNY followed by Happy Xmas (war is over).

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    Jord86 likes this.
  15. Peter208

Peter208 Active Member

Most are ok at this time of the year. One that would always be in my top 10 Christmas records is by Jonny Mathis, #When a child is born.

I bet it's already running through your mind and once it's does..

16. PhilSo

PhilSo Screwfix Select

Bad day at the office?

17. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Was I a little too sharp with the moral? Thanks for picking me up on it.
    I'm just joshing with you IIR.

I'll leave the insults to people who take this forum far too seriously.

edit: I added a bit about Tony Blair at the end. Perhaps that'll make IIR happy.

18. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Yes it is, and I'll never forgive you.

Hellish doesn't even begin... :oops:

19. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Too sharp?! Not at all - it was very very good.
    Who are you going to leave irony to?

20. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Errr no. I have no idea what you're on about. I was asking for original content.

And Peter208 has just committed a crime against humanity with that ear worm.
    ...this comes to pass... aggghhh. Make it stop. Make it stop.