So, the Russians might not be there............bovvered?

Discussion in 'Sport Talk' started by Davmac, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Davmac

Davmac Active Member

The Russian team may not be allowed to compete at the Rio Olympics because of findings in Sochi
    Anyone on here interested?
    I wouldnae want to go anyway, cause they have rabid midgies ..............

2. Davmac

Davmac Active Member

Just been reading a wee bit more about Rio.........what a 5h*t3 h0l3 :eek:.
    The place is a mess, people have been uprooted from their homes to make way for bridges, cable cars, fitbaw stadiums etc. and put up in containers while waiting for the "new homes" to be built !
    Crime is still the main profession, and 49% of the human waste is untreated and festers in the Guaranbara bay .
    Bet the Russians will be delighted at not going, and am guessing there will be loads of failed drug tests, from the drugs used to stop the athletes from contracting dysentery, Ebola, typhoid, trench foot, etc...

Only Olympic winners in Rio are the construction and the security companies !!

3. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

...and zika.

4. Davmac

Davmac Active Member

That's the rabid midgies Mr H ;)

5. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Ah, ok.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

6. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Another common danger are the 'rabid ******' from the locals :eek:

Davmac likes this.
  7. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

[QUOTE="Davmac, post: 1436752, member
    The place is a mess, people have been uprooted from their homes to make way for bridges, cable cars, fitbaw stadiums etc. and put up in containers while waiting for the "new homes" to be built !

Are you meaning the London Olympics! :confused:

Davmac likes this.
  8. Davmac

Davmac Active Member

That's the baw burst now!.

Russians lose their appeal against a ban on track and field athletes competing at Rio ( bet they are glad they don't need to go to that 5h1t3h0l3 ).

But if you are an athlete at the top of your game, how are you going to feel collecting your medal knowing that there were potentially other athletes out there that were not allowed to compete?
    Is this a hollow victory?

9. parahandy

parahandy Screwfix Select

It must be galling to know that instead of winning, you could have come 2nd to a coked up communist.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  10. Davmac

Davmac Active Member

I agree Para.

But I cant work out what is worse / best - if an athlete was running (for example) in a race and is clean, he / she is competing on the world stage against fellow athletes from all areas of the world, and come's second to an athlete who is found to be on "enhancements".
    Or, running the same race clean, with part of the world missing, and winning ?
    Something has to be eating you, that you were / are the best in part of the world.

If you know wot I mean?

11. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Not if you're a clean athlete. You know the ones who eat "Quorn" (or at least get paid £zillions for saying they do) and only take paracetamols for the odd headache. ;)

How would you feel if you had competed in the Olympics and came second to someone who was taking illegal performance enhancing drugs? Gutted, or would you feel cheated?

12. Davmac

Davmac Active Member

This is my point JJ, if you came 2nd to drugs cheat, then you have the satisfaction of knowing you were the best "clean" athlete. But if you are only competing with a part of the world, are you the fastest athlete in the world? Or just the fastest out of the countries that are competing? ( I don't know if every Red is on enhancements, I'm not sure if with the cover up it hasn't come from Mr P to make the reds look better, stronger etc.) anyhow, not sure if they are all "at it", but with testing as good as it is now, and results almost instantly, coming second and the winner fails a test the medals should get awarded as appropriate.
    I know there are random tests leading up to a main event and you have to have them all clear before you can run.

13. joinerjohn1

What they should do is test every competitor, daily for a month before the Olympics. Only then can the committee be sure they are all completely clean.

14. Davmac

Davmac Active Member

Don't know how they do it in athletics track n field but dour Andy Murray was talking about it with regards to tennis, he is check randomly
    And yep there is no trace of a sense of humour, he's clean, but a scruffy lookin B.

15. joinerjohn1

Well I suppose the authorities could check them athletes randomly every day. Perhaps at 8 o clock in the morning on a Monday, 11 o clock on the Tuesday, half nine on the Wednesday, 10 o clock at night on the Thursday, 2 o clock in the morning on Friday, give Saturday a miss, but then hit em at 1:00am Sunday morning.. Keep em on their toes. :p:p:p:p (added bonus that all that spare blood could be used in Brazilian hospitals)

Davmac likes this.
  16. blannder

blannder New Member

I hope the government will do something to improve the lives of the locals and to make Rio a better place for the foreigners. Russians have great players so it would be nice if they could showcase their ability and let the world know about it.

17. ppc_world

ppc_world New Member

Russians are here ))