Soil Pipe Advice

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Mr Cree, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Mr Cree

Mr Cree New Member

My soil pipe appears to have come away from the coupling where the bathroom sink waste joins it and dropped a couple of cm. Is it just a case of trying to raise the pipe and solvent welding it back into the coupling or may there be some problem causing this. Fortunately this bathroom isn't in use. Any advice please.

2. just pumps

just pumps Screwfix Select

Might be push-fit fitting. Photo?

3. Mr Cree

Mr Cree New Member

4. just pumps

just pumps Screwfix Select

Push-fit, wall clamps come adrift and pipe has dropped down?

5. Mr Cree

Mr Cree New Member

Could be from when cowboys fitted the conservatory. I'm worried what is happening underground. How will this be attached to the sewer pipe? Sorry, I know nothing about this type of plumbing. I have tried to get someone to look at it but no-one wants to come.

6. Mr Cree

Mr Cree New Member

Thanks for the advice, it seems to have slipped through the clamp. I'll see if I can push it back up.

7. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

Would have concerns about why it was able to drop that amount. Check to bottom connection

8. Mr Cree

Mr Cree New Member

Thanks, that's what is worrying me.

9. +1 in spades!

nigel willson likes this.
  10. Mr Cree

Mr Cree New Member

Update - Got a drain company to investigate. They found no problem with the bottom connection and added a new connector to fix the pipe. All sorted now. Thanks for the advice.