Soil pipe query...

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Jcoxy79, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Jcoxy79

Jcoxy79 New Member

I've got a victorian house.
    Currently the bath/sink waste goes into the SP.

I have a drain which is next to the soil pipe and after digging, can see they both join around 10ft down the garden (hell of a lot of digging)

The RW pipe leads into a Waste drain (as used by the kitchen)..

Is it legal/feasible to run the RW pipe straight to the soil pipe since they all join further down the line under the garden?
    Basically, all rear of the house shares a single underground pipe. Yet 2 different inputs at the top of the ground.

2. Hans_25

Hans_25 Screwfix Select

It might come down to why you want to do it, planning an extension?

3. Jcoxy79

Jcoxy79 New Member

it's already an extension (T shaped house extension) pipes are on the right as you look towards the back of the house.

4. Hans_25

Hans_25 Screwfix Select

I can't imagine there should be a problem if you're simply rerouting existing pipes to the exact same end point. But I do know planning have certain requirements with respect to (a) use of existing waste for new installs (b) routing of surface water into the waste pipes.

5. stevie22

stevie22 Screwfix Select

Might have been a little drainage skullduggery when the extension built?

You are not generally allowed to add additional surface water to a combined drain so maybe head the pipe off to a soakaway then forget to build it?

I'm a big advocate of "if it ain't broke....." so I'd want to be sure my improvements weren't going to cause problems.