Solar Micro-generation

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by sinewave, Feb 19, 2010.

1. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

There is a quote to be had in leafy cheshire Stu if ya interested?

If it's too far 4 U do U have any other contacts nearer that may be interested?

Ta muchly. :)

2. SWESTSPARKY

SWESTSPARKY New Member

Stugadget, are u struggling to get inverters and panels, we have customers lined up but are waiting on materials

3. Stugadget

Stugadget Member

4. Stugadget

Stugadget Member

Hi Swest

Yes its a bit tight but we are booked into July and have placed orders very early to secure equipment.

Its the Germans again extending their FIT by two months, it should ease off a bit in May.

5. SWESTSPARKY

SWESTSPARKY New Member

Stugadget, just out of interest do you charge 17.5% or the lower rate of 5% as mentioned on the HMRC website?

6. Stugadget

Stugadget Member

5% as long as its domestic.

You must have some very rich customers if you have been putting 17.5% on their invoices !

7. SWESTSPARKY

SWESTSPARKY New Member

thanks for the reply Im learning something new everyday

8. gibbo1983

gibbo1983 New Member

Do solar panels count under the permitted development planning inside the low emission zone ?

9. Stugadget

Stugadget Member

10. acca

acca Guest

Ive got a job in 2 weeks where a builder needs a 1.8KW system in as his place failed EPC test and this was a cheaper way to get over it than ripping out walls and adding more insulation.
    Im not big enough yet to supply my own materials individually so i got a kit via CEF. BP solar panels,the lot for £6000 inc VAT which i think is pretty good..i hope this is the first of many....Like your web site Stuart !

11. Jules465

Jules465 New Member

If you need panels or inverters try www.sectorsolar.co.uk They have good stocks of Sharp panels and SMA inverters. Also a BP distributor

12. Stugadget

Stugadget Member

Hi Acca

What did you get for your £ 6 K 

Stu

13. acca

acca Guest

All i know as kit has not been delivered yet that i have 8 x 235 Watt Solar BP panels and a SMA Invertor,the leads fixing kit,isolators etc  Im looking forward to seeing what its like to be honest,,,Joking aside Stu,if ur ever down this neck of the woods give us a shout, id be happy to show ya one of my jobs and be taken seriously...lol

14. Stugadget

Stugadget Member

Hi Acca,

Might have a job at St Just is that near you ?

Stu

15. acca

acca Guest

Thats as far as you cud go before dropping off lands end lol, its down near Penzance about 50 mins away, and Jethro the comedian is from there too ! When are you there???? Need digs?

Acca

16. acca

acca Guest

Im driving up to Burnam on Sea to pick up a pool table morra nite,is that near you? :)

17. vexorg

vexorg New Member

Impressive that anyone thinks solar generation is feasible in the uk. So easy to jump on the environmental bandwagon to make some easy money.