Solar system inverter

Discussion in 'Eco Talk' started by Simon Smith, Nov 23, 2019.

  1. Simon Smith

    Simon Smith New Member

    Does anyone know the answer to I have got a inverter in shed 230ac, I know in domestic regs state now dwellings need metal consumer box not plastic but you can connect mains consumer to shed, can I connect my inverter 230 AC to a plastic consumer box then out to dwellings to separate sockets in dwellings to run off inverter solar system,or do I need to use a metal consumer box as it going into dwellings inside home! A?? yes I know I will need a wire safety certification for it?
  2. Bob Rathbone

    Bob Rathbone Well-Known Member

    Simon, no where does the amendment to the regulations state that the CCU must be metal, only that it should be constructed of a non flammable material and be installed so as to contain any fire that may start inside the enclosure. This may be a non metal unit with a suitable flammability characteristic, but how do we tell? To avoid confusion most inspectors and electricians choose to use a metal enclosure that is clearly non flammable. Anyway, it's a shed not under the stairs in a house, so you could use any enclosure, but what about certification under the useless Part 'P' scheme, who will do that?
    Simon Smith likes this.
  3. Simon Smith

    Simon Smith New Member

    It will be done either housing association electrical wire safety inspector or another one local if I can find one?
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  4. Simon Smith

    Simon Smith New Member

    Thank for help!!!

Share This Page