Soooooooo,

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Apr 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That is, indeed, a possibility, Phil.

However infinitesimally remote.

2. By the way, it looks like a majority now would vote for 'Remain'.

And the real Brexit damage has still to happen.

Chust give it a few months of 'negotiation'... :rolleyes:

3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Source. ??

It was on tv the other day that 2/3 of people just want us to get on with Brexit and stop all this messing about with, (we can still reverse it) barlocks.

Yes I understand that some of those are remain voters, but they are still on the side of, "get on with it".

4. Phil the Paver

Absolutely not.

They are continuing with the norm, the norm that's going to crash and burn, we on the other hand are out there with open arms waiting to except the deals that come.

5. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I'd blame the unidentified mushrooms you put in the omlet, myself.

6. Hmm 27 trading countries versus us with no other trade deals in place.

Yes, we are in a very strong position.

7. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

All the poll's conducted before the actual referendum vote came to the same conclusion.
    I'd like to see the questions asked on these poll's.

8. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

We do have a trade deal that's already in place, it's called the WTO.
    Why do you think, May said no deal is better than a bad deal.
    Trade won't stop dead overnight when we leave, it'll carry on just the same as it always has, albeit under different terms.

If the EU wants a good deal with the, UK, then having 27 countries who all need to be consulted, bargained with and ratification terms agreed before anything goes ahead is a major disadvantage....not an advantage.
    The UK's new trade agreements with the rest of the world will most likely take a matter of months to complete.
    I reckon we'll have a trade deal signed with Canada, before the EU does, and they've had a 10 year head start. :rolleyes:

Phil the Paver likes this.
  9. Phil the Paver

That's almost a forgone conclusion, we won't tie them up with ridiculous terms.

10. Best described as ambitious hopes in my opinion.

You really think the EU is at a disadvantage over negotiating terms with us? I bet they are really panicking to get into negotiating trade terms then, but apparantly not even until other factors are sorted first. So they just havent seen this disadvantage yet? And then the actual process of exporting. The increased queues at Dover etc, the increased cost of paperwork and administration. No it wont continue just as it is but on wto terms.

And wto terms automatically mean higher prices immediately, without even taking the sterling fall into account.

Ambitious hopes in the extreme.

Now a deal with Canada. All that food, cars, electrics, furniture they are well known for? Might be quick, might not be, but it is not an autonatic replacement for said items even if it is quick.

Our saviour will be the USA no doubt, with all the associated factors tgat go with it. Yes Mr Trump, certainly Mr Trump. How high do youbwant us to jump? Or possibly the EU, as long as we allow the very thing you didn't want, the free movement of people etc.

Future certainly looks bright. It looked bad at vote time, and it is not improving as the clock ticks.

11. Phil the Paver

It's a good job the Liberals are not in charge of the negotiation then, such a down beat veiw would surely mean total surrender of every thing, but then again that's just about what all Remainers were willing to give up to stay.

longboat likes this.

12. Realism, facing facts, understanding the issues.

Call it downbeat or see it as it is. Up to you how you want to see it.

Ask yourself, you don't have to post your answer. Which side of the table would you rather be sitting if your job was to get a good result?

13. Phil the Paver

I will reply as I said above.

They are very close to ending as they are, we are out there open to all offers, offers that are already sitting there waiting for us to except.

You never know the EU may be coming cap in hand one day very soon.

14. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

But, Jack, you do realise it's not 27 other countries, is it? We don't trade with France, Germany , Poland, Belgium, Greece, Italy ect. We trade with the EU, under EU rules (as you and others keep pointing out) We all know there's no such country called the EU though.
    As Phil and others keep telling you, the EU as an entity is on it's last legs. It's in it's death throes. There's no defibrillator to restart it's failing heart. Within ten yrs it will be an ex parrot. It will have gone to meet it's maker. It will have shuffled off it's mortal coil.. (and it's no good you and DA telling us "It's only resting." ) (apologies to Monty Python for borrowing their delicious humour)

15. Sheeeesh, enough already, JoT. Stop talkin' sense to these poor misguided peeps.

Just throw them something to chew on once in a while, and sit back and chuckle at their wishful replies.

Loldeelol :)

16. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Come on Jack, 17 of those countries are holding out the begging bowl, they're 'takers', net receivers if you will. They will do whatever Merkel tells them to do.
    I'll let you into a little secret. Merkel will be gone by the end of the year, watch the French elections, it's going to get interesting.

17. You dont want to be on equal terms with Germany then?

You are happy to see them get even stronger if it goes the way you predict? Sounds like another delicious recipe for our future.

18. I might be wrong, but I think there are 27 other countries involved in the negotiations for brexit. All sat round the table facing us.

And they have to agree between themselves what they want to achieve, then and only then can we sit and discuss our terms.

But of course we can tell them what we want, because it is begging us to stay isn't it? Isn't it?

19. You are not suggesting they may be suffering from indigestion?

20. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Forgive me for being a 'glass half full', kinda guy.:rolleyes::)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.