Source for Wardrobe Carcases & Doors

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Jonny Round Boy, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Jonny Round Boy

Jonny Round Boy New Member

I've been asked to quote for supplying/installing wardrobes, drawers & a dressing table-type-thing in a dressing room. I want to get the carcases & doors off the shelf rather than specially made.

Anyone know a source for a wide range of sizes/door styles? Can find plenty for kitchens, but none seem to do wardrobes. The only place I could find what I was thinking of was Ikea (PAX range), but when I mentioned that to the clients they didn't seem too impressed!

2. hallbeck

hallbeck New Member

Try howdens or b &q

3. Shedmen

Shedmen New Member

4. Bedroom Fitter

Bedroom Fitter New Member

Have you considered a front frame system, much cheaper than carcases, and more flexible.

5. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

bedroom fitter, ive googled "front frame system" and havent got very far, im interested in the technique

can you help a little bit more, im sure from the wording it ought to be obvious the moment you see it

6. Bedroom Fitter

Bedroom Fitter New Member

Sharps Bedrooms are probably the biggest company using front frame. Build a frame using 25 x 60 mdf/timber, side panels fixed through frame with 70mm screws, floors just sit on bottom of frame and baten on wall. No backs to wardrobe, shelves fixed with angle brackets. The frame is faced with chipboard screwed from inside using 35mm screws, and doors are hinged with face fix hinges, doors overlap the facing by 40mm.

Clear as mud?

They are more work than carcases but you don't have any fillers, you can stretch your wardrobes with wider facings. Build them from raw mdf, or laminated chipboard and vinyl doors.

7. bungalow boy

bungalow boy New Member

I recently had prices for 3.5m run and 3.0m run of 2.4m high wardrobes. The prices (fitted) varied from £8k to £12k. I bought the lot from IKEA (incl internals) for £1.5k. Super quality!

8. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

thanks bedromm fitter

9. Just Wardrobe Doors

Just Wardrobe Doors New Member

Just Wardrobe Doors offer a stunning collection of modern wardrobe doors to allow you to add some glamour to an existing or new wardrobe Focussing on design – our range of wardrobe designs will add style to your bedroom.

10. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

Do you not think that they've sorted something after 13 years?

How do these get through the system?
    Come on mods. If you're not going to lock old threads at least put some sort of monitoring in place for new posters.