Spanish Apartment

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by faolteam, Sep 14, 2021.

  1. faolteam

    faolteam New Member

    Folks any advice on what i should do here this a Spanish Apartment started off like a bulge on wall , Got Someone to have a look he says it could be caused by a Quake, some of the Bricks are loose , No Dampness at All on this Suggested getting Flex filler then plaster it back , be interested to hear what you think Screenshot_20210903-214948.jpg Screenshot_20210913-095612.jpg IMG-20210913-WA0008.jpg Screenshot_20210903-214859.jpg IMG-20210913-WA0009.jpg Screenshot_20210903-214948.jpg Screenshot_20210913-095612.jpg IMG-20210913-WA0008.jpg Screenshot_20210903-214859.jpg IMG-20210913-WA0009.jpg
  2. faolteam

    faolteam New Member

    anyone ?
  3. quasar9

    quasar9 Screwfix Select

    You really need local knowledge as well as well as structural engineer. We on this forum can at best, speculate on possible causes not least because of different building techniques and material used in Spain.

    1. Are you in a seismically active zone ? Has there been earthquakes that has damaged other buildings in the zone ?

    2. How big is your apartment block, rough overall dimensions, number of floors including underground garages. Need to know this as construction techniques vary based on dimensions.

    3 is it located on a steep hill ? Has any neighbouring building suffered from subsidence or movement.
    ElecCEng likes this.
  4. faolteam

    faolteam New Member

    apparently there has been tremers, there me some apartments in general with cracks Hairline, 150 apartments on 6 floors, flat ground, i asked the community office they said no , maybe they just say that
  5. quasar9

    quasar9 Screwfix Select

    That is a very large block indeed. I am not familiar with Spanish laws on property ownerships, flats in particular. In UK, flats in large blocks are invariably leasehold and the freehold is owned by a property company. The free holder is responsible for maintaining the main structure of the building and usually does so by service charge or for substantial repairs (like roof repairs) billing a portion of the bills to each resident. The free holder also holds insurance for the building to could claim off insurance.

    In some countries ( and occasionally smaller blocks in UK) the builder transfers the property to a company that’s owned by the resident, so issues of repairs become a community responsibility. Perhaps this is your case as you refer to community office

Share This Page