Spares for Titan Petrol Chainsaw

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by Paul_Chorleywood, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Paul_Chorleywood

Paul_Chorleywood New Member

Attached Files:

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Most Engineer merchants should be able to sort that, nothing special about them is there.

If nothing special, then use spring washer underneath or use a nyloc.

Can't see them clearly enough in photo.

In this link, they look like plain nuts.

3. Paul_Chorleywood

Thanks KIAB,

They do look like standard nuts to be fair, just haven't had to source such things before.
    Can you recommend anyone and advise how I'd know I was ordering the right thing, please?

upload_2018-1-12_14-44-8.png

4. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

I've swapped them between chainsaws before. I'm pretty sure they're just M8s.
    Check ebay for Chinese chainsaw guide bar nuts. Shouldn't be more than a couple of quid. Nearly all the Chinese chainsaws use the same components.

Sometimes they're flanged, sometimes not. Yours look like the same style as the Stihl (not flanged).
    [​IMG]

I've never seen nylock nuts used here. I think the nylon would melt. I wouldn't do that.
    Just tighten them up properly, before long they'll be threadlocked with resin anyway.

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Engineer merchant most likely cheaper, flange type might be better as they self lock, so shouldn't vibrate free.

6. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

You may want to measure the distance across the flats before ordering (just to be sure).
    As you'll want them to fit your scrench (the screwdriver/wrench tool you probably received with your chainsaw).

7. Paul_Chorleywood

Thanks btiw2 - that is really helpful. I'll get on to that now and let you know how it turns out!

Cheers!

8. Paul_Chorleywood

Cheers KIAB!

9. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

10. George2018

George2018 New Member

I think it's an M8 with an unusual pitch. I have the same problem. I've tried coarse and fine and neither fits but the fella at the garage rummages through a pile of old nuts and bolts and finds one for me when I lose one.

11. RolandK

RolandK Screwfix Select

Loctite?