SPENDING REVIEW

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Yours truly, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Yours truly

Yours truly New Member

This is just what the country needs.

Get rid of some of the lazy so and so's who work in the public sector.

2. Yours truly

Yours truly New Member

The only ones worth their salt are our nurses.

3. Wanquat

Wanquat New Member

Yes, my wife's a nurse and he just lurrrrrrves getting his lips around and swallowing my cock-au-vin sauce.

4. I've got wood

5. Fact fact.

Fact fact. New Member

I've got a log

6. Yours truly

Yours truly New Member

The cuts were not nearly as bad as originally thought.

7. I cut my finger today but that too is not nearly as bad as originally thought.

Facut

8. Yours truly

Yours truly New Member

Things are not looking good at our factory after the cuts were announced. :(

9. larnacaman

larnacaman New Member

Your right to a point YT,

....But start at the Top, and not at the bottom, you'll save a hell of a lot more money too. The biggest amount of dross is in Whitehall, where you'll find all the nameless ex public school boys, that have been playing the system for years....

Where the old boy's club, is still very much alive and going strong to this day....

Now, ...What's the betting that none of these useless so called Civil Servant articles, will ever get touched???

10. Mr GrimNasty

Mr GrimNasty Active Member

Have you ever been in the staff toilets of a quiet Tuesday afternoon?

11. Yours truly

Yours truly New Member

It is a good pint to start at the top. It does not many fat cat jobs to be cut and you soon save £1m. Its only 2 or 3 jobs lost / £1m saved.

Greedy B's

12. Yours truly

Yours truly New Member

It does not take ......

13. don reed

don reed New Member

"......... 2 or 3 jobs lost/ £1m saved."

Only 162 billion 999 million to go then!

I'm feeling better already.

14. Eric Tupperwear

Eric Tupperwear New Member

1,620 jobs at £100,000 salary would do it. Not a lot is it?

15. Yours truly

Yours truly New Member

£162,000,000,000 divided by £500,000 = 324,000 fat cats.

SIMPLES, well it is for some of us!

16. Bollerks

Bollerks Active Member

To sustain 50% of our economy in the Public Sector was mad enough to start with. £80-odd billion is only 3 month's worth of what this Govt will spend in any case.
    A drop in the ocean.

3 things.

People waffle on about how the debt wasn't Labour's fault. But hang on - who presided over the regulatory regime which governed the banks, both before, and up to the crisis?

400,000 Public Sector jobs to go?
    This just demonstrates how overstaffed the Public Sector is.
    If we can do without these jobs now, then what have they been doing for the last 13 years?

400,000 extra welfare payments as a result? Cheap at half the price.
    Far better to pay £3K p/a benefits than £40+K p/a in salary.
    Let some of these 'Trampoline Therapsist' Ethnic Rights Officers etc complainers go out into the Real World and see how much their so-called 'skills' are really worth.

Welfare?
    Firm but fair but not far enough - we can no longer afford to carry loafers.
    I cringe when I hear how hard-done-to some of these people claim they'll be when the cuts kick in. If you wish to know what real poverty is like, go to a third world country.
    The so-called 'poor' in this country are something of a misnomer in comparison.
    Go and talk to a child with untreated polio who shuffles around the streets of Kathmandu on his knees, and whose parents have disowned him because he is incapable of earning a living other than via begging.
    THAT will bring home the TRUE meaning of poverty to the likes of those who are first to the post to complain about the loss of 'their benefits'

You Lefties know absolutely ferk-all about real poverty.

Summary?

No - the cuts did not go far enough. Not yet anyway.

TT

17. Bollerks

Bollerks Active Member

Oh and No, the cuts haven't gone far enough: I can still afford to eat........

Roll back the State.

Ideological? Maybe, but isn't expanding the State by employing 700,000 extra non-jobs just as ideological?

Time to get rid.

Let us have our taxes back.

TT

18. larnacaman

larnacaman New Member

Agree with a lot in your post, but if you cut too deep too quickly, then you run the very real risk of sending the country back into an even deeper recession.

As i stated before, you need to start at the top of the mountain of civil servants, they have been playing the system for all it's worth long long before the last government, they have been around forever!! lol!!!

After them work downwards, cutting out the assistant to the assistant managers and so on, and make the existing or new managers do what they are paid handsomely to supposedly do ''Manage!!!'' A good deal of all this Dross in the system, is basically through lazy managers, that want/employ assistants, to cover work they should be doing....

The minions at the bottom of the pile should be the last to go, some of them know more about the job, than there many, many supervisors and managers....

19. Yours truly

Yours truly New Member

The minions at the bottom of the pile should be the last to go, some of them know more about the job, than there many, many supervisors and managers....

It is good to see some sensible people are posting nowadays. However, all due respect, but surely that last statement does not apply to Liverpool FC? ;)