Spot the mistake

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Rulland, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

IMG_00000110.jpg

And don't say the pictures on the skunt............

2. Dusk to dawn photocell in cupboard

3. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Looks like somebody built the bricks vertical.

4. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

photo is on its side mate ;):)

5. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

It looks like the cupboard was an add on after - Blame the chippy or who ever instructed :)

6. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

All correct, unfortunately :rolleyes:, part of FRA works with our local housing association, they have enclosed the communal electrics within fireproof containment, thus allowing all the communal lights to be on 24/7, brilliant eh?, well unless you open the door to work on the door entry system.
    Well actually it beggers belief tbph :confused:

FatHands likes this.
  7. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Fireproof plasterboard and foam used!

8. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Its a mess (although its done its work through the ages) - it all needs taking out and bringing up to date nice and neatly.

9. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

The problem is JP, the associations don't have enough money to do both, their primary concern is FRA, not the electrics, I've seen some where the FRA boxing has stopped you taking the consumer unit lid off, or goes halfway across a key switched spur for emergency lighting, no chance of sorting stuff in an hurry when required, and I'm pretty sure a lot of councils etc are doing this poo.

10. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

I see what you mean Mr R - shame really that funds don't cover that sort of thing, but I suppose if its all working ok then that's better then nowt.