ST802 Alarm Panel Tamper

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by vicarious, Oct 27, 2003.

1. vicarious

vicarious New Member

Having fitted and wired up the panel, the tamper circuit won't clear. The tamper circuits check OK and the circuit won't clear even with a link in place - the tamper light continues to blink and panel can't be set. Anyone know how how I can clear/re-set the tamper circuit please?

2. Huddy

Huddy New Member

If you have a problem with the tamper even when you put a link in it is time to invest in a new panel or take this one back and get a replacement, all panels should be dry run with nothing connected to them to make sure they are ok before connecting any cables apart from the mains connections.

3. Morgan

Morgan New Member

Having fitted and wired up the panel, the tamper
    circuit won't clear. The tamper circuits check OK and
    the circuit won't clear even with a link in place -
    the tamper light continues to blink and panel can't
    be set. Anyone know how how I can clear/re-set the
    tamper circuit please?

4. Big Galaxy Panel

Big Galaxy Panel New Member

Have you linked out ALL TAMPERS???? As a guess i bet youre bell tamper is either a) Not linked out correctly or b) The bell isnt wired correctly!!!!. Re check youre connections again before replacing panels that are working fine!!!!!!!!

5. Morgan

Morgan New Member

Vicarious, before scrapping the control panel have you linked out the Bell Tamper which will be marked up as -R and Aux-, Also make sure the Lid tamper is closing correctly or simply link the control panel tamper using the jumper supplied and fit across Link 1.

6. John Wayne

John Wayne New Member

Big Galaxy Panel ,
    I was under the impression that all that info had already been checked out re previous posts, so how about some relevant posting , after all that why we use this forum is it not .

I suggest that this panel is faulty as an engineer with over 10 years in the business I think I know a gubbed panel when i see 1 , although I dont usually work on anything as complicated as the C.k panels.

And whats chocolate got to do with it .?

7. Big Galaxy Panel

Well john if you have been in the business for ten years how about some helpful posting other than saying its gubbed! Obviously you are another money grabbing ar$e hole wanting to rip off people!!! Also how do you know its gubbed when you have not seen it smart ****!! I suggest you go and get youre steston on and ride off on youre horse you bloody cowboy!!!!!!!

8. John Wayne

John Wayne New Member

Well if you had been reading the posts and not just looking at the £££££ signs you will have noticed that all the relevant factors have been checked ( sorry if you dont know what the big words mean ) so if all sources of tamper have been linked out and the panel still shows tamper , you dont need to be Einstein to work out the panel is faulty.

AND IF YOU HAVE TO RESORT TO NAME CALLING TO PUT YOUR POINT ACROSS YOU HAVE LOST THE ARGUMENT YOU IGNORAMUS.

9. Big Galaxy Panel

Well smart **** if you could actually read (which i doubt you can) the posts only mention zone tampers. They dont go into detail of what tampers are checked. I guess you're upset as you're to bloody thick to realise the bell has a tamper??? Seeing as you named youreself after a cowboy we can all safely assume youre work is no better as some of youre previous posts have indicated

10. Morgan

Morgan New Member

Hello Big Galaxy Panel and John wayne, remember the important thing here is to give each other helpful solutions to problems encountered on our daily lifes.

11. John Wayne

John Wayne New Member

I quite agree Morgan, sorry if I got carried away, but it makes my blood boil when I read posts from chancers just wanting to scam people for money.

12. Big Galaxy Panel

listen i was on here trying to give simple solutions but john thinks he's a big shot! So from now on i'll let him answer then i will correct him for you all. Morgan i hope you mean problems with alarms as i aint very good at sorting out any love life problems you have!!!!!!

13. John Wayne

John Wayne New Member

Why are you now being abusive to yet another postee,
    Did you have a C.B. radio in the 80s I bet you were 1 of those noise up merchants with nothing really to say.

Its a pity your parents didnt chastise you when you were younger , it might have saved us all some grief

14. Big Galaxy Panel

Its a pity youre parents didnt drown you at birth, that last comment to morgan was meant to be tongue in cheek. But seen as how im too young to have a cb during the 80's i think its you that had one. Only you would be the sad geek that sits there chatting up birds and pulling the head off it as thats the closest you'd ever get to a women. And now that youre probably in you mid to late 30's thats why youre using the internet to try and get a women you sad fu@ker.Problem is you got lost trying to find sad weirdo's web site

15. John Wayne

John Wayne New Member

Sad weirdos web site is that the Big galaxy Panel .com site you mean , no im too busy helping out people , not verbally abusing them .

16. Big Galaxy Panel

What sort of help to what sort of people?? In youre case you probably have just ripped some OAP off for a couple of hundred quid changing a panel that isnt gubbed. Just going to show how much a cowboy you really are.

17. John Wayne

John Wayne New Member

Big galaxy panel

Let me apologise for the way ive been typing to you .

Its been a bad couple of weeks , what with my wife leaving me for my so called best friend and my dog dying also,( Im more gutted about the dog ) Im afraid its all got a bit much for me and I have vented my anger on you.

Please accept my humble apologies once more , lets live and let live if you can sleep at night after ripping people off who am I to take issue.

Cya

John

18. supersparky

supersparky New Member

Having fitted and wired up the panel, the tamper
    circuit won't clear. The tamper circuits check OK and
    the circuit won't clear even with a link in place -
    the tamper light continues to blink and panel can't
    be set. Anyone know how how I can clear/re-set the
    tamper circuit please?

is any one going to actuly answer his question? this is turning into a chatroom

19. John Wayne

John Wayne New Member

supersparky

If you have linked out the terminals marked -r and aux - and the zone tamper , lid tamper and all zones are linked out also , and the fault doesnt clear the panel is clearly faulty

20. Morgan

Morgan New Member

John, Why do you have to link out the zones?