stange beeping sound?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by russ295, Jan 5, 2008.

1. russ295

russ295 New Member

hi

wired a loft conversion last year, got a call to say the saniflo was beeping, can you come and have a look.

everthing fine, toilet working ok, then "beep"

after 10mm of head scratching, phoned the builder and asked him if he had swept the old smoke alarm down the builders hole?

"possibly"

laminate floor down throughout!

looks like its stopping down there!

russ

2. MR DIAZ

MR DIAZ Active Member

"possibly"

:^O Classic

3. roymondo

roymondo Member

needs a new battery!

4. Tootyfruity

Tootyfruity New Member

after 10mm of head scratching

Must be nearly through to ya skull then ;)

5. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Whats a ''builders hole''?

6. Bassrock

Bassrock New Member

All,

Local joiner floored loft, went home after completing crackin job, MRs miggins phoned to say there was intermittent tunes coming from ceiling. Said Joiner had to return, re-lift part of flooring in order to retrieve his mobile phone !!

Bet this has happened before eh, be honest.

Cheers

Bassrock

7. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf New Member

No beaping noise but, I was wiring a new kitchen ring once and had floors up in the hall of this house, so anyway got the job complete floor bak down, carpet stapled down let the jod with the old dear very happy. However on the way out she ask if i'd seen her cat, told her no. 5 days later got a call the cat was under the hall floor.

8. Tootyfruity

Tootyfruity New Member

Did you go back and get the old dears ***** out?

9. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf New Member

i certainlly did!!! ;)

10. John Darwin

John Darwin New Member

I bet it stunk didn't it? I mean, after so long without an airing?

11. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf New Member

And it was hungry!!!!!:D

12. John Darwin

John Darwin New Member

Was it 'growling' at yer? :^O

13. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf New Member

Lol, this is getting way off topic

14. MR DIAZ

MR DIAZ Active Member

Whats a ''builders hole''?

It´s a grouping of words that one uses to make a false story to gain the balls to make one´s own thread.

15. Tootyfruity

Tootyfruity New Member

Was it 'growling' at yer? :^O

:^O

16. I bet it stunk didn't it? I mean, after so long
    without an airing?

I am sure you did as well, after hiding in that bedroom cupboard for all those years.

17. sparks everywhere

sparks everywhere New Member

We had one like this a few months ago. Complete rewire, new kitchen, new bathroom.
    We finish the job and the customer is very satisfied.
    2 days later my gaffer gets a call. There is a high pitched beeping noise coming from the new bathroom, query trany for bathroom lighting?
    We go back to house, turn off power, noise still there.
    Must be burglar alarm or fire alarm, so contact both alarm companies who say there are no buzzers/sensors near bathroom. For 2 hours 3 of us lifted boards and went into loft to try and locate this noise, (which was similar to the noise a tv makes when switched on, making it harder to locate.)
    So i take another look in bathroom with all windows and doors closed to cut out external noise.
    I put my ear onto the windowsill, - the noise gets louder, so i have a look.
    The noise is coming from a toiletry bag, so me being a dirty ******* assume that the owner has left some kind of vibrator going in her toiletry bag.
    I open the bathroom door and ask the owner if she has left something "battery powered" going in her toiletry bag.
    Her face turned bright red, so I assumed my guess was right.
    Much to my amazement she reaches into the bag and pulls out an electronic nit comb!
    But we got paid for the callout, so all's well that ends well!

18. Herr Trigger

Herr Trigger New Member

I cant believe the people whom complained about the word A**L, didnt delete or edit it when they posted their complaint "Quote original"

So you are equally guilty.

Happy new year.

19. Tootyfruity

Tootyfruity New Member

Looks like I'll have to ANALize my postings in future for breaches!

20. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

Had drivers come back with cats in the vans before now - and no idea where they got in either :)