Forum Support start a discussion tab

Discussion in 'Support' started by wally, Jan 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wally

wally Screwfix Select

Hi Screwfix, I wonder if you can help. I can reply to posts but cannot start a discussion. For some reason I seem to be missing the start a discussion tab. I can't be sure if it disappeared when I got an update for Safari (I have a mac) but this might not be the reason. I would be grateful for any option you might have in mind. Thanks very much, George

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Wally, go to the section (on the left) you want to create the new thread in (let's say electricians talk) then when that page opens, near the top right of the forum, there should be a tab which says "Post New Thread" (in a sort of grey box) If it's missing on yours? take a screenshot and post it on this thread. (remember , you have to go to whichever section you want to create the new thread in, to see the grey box) ;);)

PS, I'm now wondering, just how you started this thread??:p:p:p

3. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

and take your email off, it's an invitation to the spammers

4. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

Hi Wally

I am not aware of any problems using the screwfix community using safari.

Can you please email forum.moderation@screwfix.com with more details such as version numbers and screen shots if possible so I can investigate further.

In the meantime I would recommend trying a different browser such as chrome.

Regarding your email address on your post. It's your choice if you wish your email address to be in a public domain such as our forum. If you do not please use the edit function or if you wish me to edit this please advice me.

Peter.

5. wally

wally Screwfix Select

Thanks all for replying including sf peter. Very true Sean, now deleted. JJ I have got the box (post new thread) on the right hand side but I thought a little while ago I had another one ( start a discussion) not realising it was reworded. True, thats what I used to post this thread, oh well, its a sign of getting old.

6. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

Hi

Start a discussion was on the old forum (pre October 17) it's now Post new thread.

I hope that explains it all

Peter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.