Starting Titan multi tool

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by AlastairS, May 1, 2020.

1. AlastairS

AlastairS New Member

Morning all

bought a multi tool and have tried to start it for about 20 minutes only to get the two stroke sigh!

any tips on starting this thing? Following the instructions and played with the a bit (choke on / off), left it in case I flooded it

Help!!

2. kevinbaldy

kevinbaldy Member

HI
    Have you got a fuel primer on it. Some thing like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/202188639134?chn=ps. If you have I would first remove the spark plug making sure its dry then pump the primer until you can feel pressure in the primer (may have how many times to do it in manual)
    Then start again with choke out first
    This is a silly question but you have it switch on
    Good luck

3. AlastairS

AlastairS New Member

I have checked it’s switched on and have filled the fuel primer.

4. ramseyman

ramseyman Screwfix Select

Probably flooded it. As above, take plug out, if the plug was wet pull over several times without the choke on to clear unburnt fuel. Dry the plug, replace and pull over again without choke. Once it fires might need a bit of choke. If the plug isn't wet when you take it out make sure you've got enough fuel in the tank, that the fuel pipe is submerged in the tank, that you've fully primed it and put half teaspoon of fuel in the plughole, replace plug and pull.

5. kevinbaldy

kevinbaldy Member

Have you had the plug out ? is it wet or dry. If wet clean plug and with ing off pull the cord a few times to get rid of any fuel in chamber. if plug dry try to see if you have spark on plug ing on hold the plug earth (bottom of plug ) on metal body and pull cord should see a spark MAKE sure your not holding plug with hand try and use insulation grips