still no new van!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by audi-evo, Dec 14, 2006.

1. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

I'm still in a dilema over what if any new van to buy and have a few options.
    1. just keep my ren master, (4 years old now but has been no bother) and just run it into the ground.
    2. get a new master (devil you know) best price so far £13500+vat lwb med roof euro 4.
    3. new transit (look v-good and nice interior) best price so far lwb 300 high roof 2.2 duratec, £13610 +vat.
    4. new shape pug boxer L3 H2 (long wheel semi high) radical looks but best price so far £14800+ vat
    5. Old shape pug boxer, very dated but ONLY TEN GRAND!
    The list goes on, pro's con's any recomendations before i just go nuts and spend to much on a new shaped lwb sprinter!

2. Don't get a Mercedes, I have one, the most comfortable van you'll ever drive but the electrics are a major headache and the dealers are Rsoles.

I presonally won't buy anything French, historically apalling reliability and depreciation.

I'm going to replace the Vito when the lease comes up with either a VW transporter or something Japanese, possibly a Vauxhall.

Having said all that, I've loast track a little of who exactly makes waht, nowadays you're never quite sure what you're buying, it's probably a rebadged something. In fact there's porobably only one van factory on the planet now somewhere in China where everything is made, then each comapny just sticks the relevant badge on it.

I'm sounding bitter now, which I am:)

3. !!

!! New Member

If theres nothing wrongwith the master keep it moneys hard to earn and easy to spend

4. cockneycowboy

cockneycowboy New Member

It's not my van, but we have a Ren. Master at work. We've had very little trouble with it & it's dead comfy & economical. I've driven it to Scotland several times & from the south of France to northern Germany....I'm not a great lover of the French...I work for a French company, but I would recommend the van.

5. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

I no the master is ok so i figure it's the best time to sell.
    The obvious choice would be a new master as the other one is so good but i just fancy a change.

6. gardm1nt

gardm1nt New Member

Volkswagon LT. Comfortable and reliable. The 2000 style transits have had a fair share of problems so who knows with the latest but even so would be my second choice.

I thought that renault, nissan and peaugeot were made at the same factorys hence the traffic, primastar, vivaro esentialy being the same van.

7. tightenit

tightenit New Member

Obviously you pays yer money and takes your choice. Unless it's your only vehicle and that means going to weddings (and funerals) in it, I'd go for any 3 or 4 year old van (pick your size), thrash it for a year and get most of your money back when you resell.To own or lease a modern van and pay up monthly is yet another millstone round your neck. Cash in hand, find a weak seller, and snatch their hand off. That way your losing hundreds a year not thousands. But if it's your only vehicle then have a look at the VAT free Nissan pick ups with the big tyres.

8. gardm1nt

gardm1nt New Member

Or get both!

Ps my navara is the best 4x4 ive ever driven and beats the other pickups available.

9. Refurb Bob

Refurb Bob New Member

Last time I checked, the Nissan Primastar which is the same as the Vivaro and Master was the cheapest of the 3 to buy.

Considering one myself.

Loving my new Navara double cab

10. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

I do have a new navara aventura and yep i love it, it's the other van that is causing concern.
    Although it is no bother (had 4 good years out of it) i need to make sure i have a reliable van and something that looks respectable when working for customers but bear in mind "the lads" will be driving it and don't look after it as well as i would.

11. gardm1nt

gardm1nt New Member

VW LT then!
    or the new merc sprinter if you like paying for what would be standard on a transit or any other van!

12. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

had a hire lt van, not nice, like driving a truck when most van manufacturers are making their motors more car like to drive.
    Sprinters are top money and everyone on here says they have poor service from dealers.
    I think i am down to transit or master favourites and may take a good look at new pug boxers and maybe even ldv maxus (bargains to be had there)
    I will wait to see if there are any keen prices in jan when the dealers maybe quiet.
    The big problem seems to be delivery times from all manufacturers, if you don't want white expect a two month wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. gardm1nt

gardm1nt New Member

I prefer the truck like ride. The maxus is not nice for long jurneys, Ive had a hire one and after 60 miles My back felt awful

14. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

As i have said the van will mainly be used by my staff so maybe the maxus is the way to go, it might give them a bad back but so what it will make up for them being a pain in the ar5e all the time ;)

15. 2 a week

2 a week New Member

just had me sprinter mot,d today in hebburn £570.00.

and i,m still looking for a decent van too?

16. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

17. Baby Judas

Baby Judas New Member

Original name your company has?

Mustov taken ages to think up that one! :^O

18. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

keep it simple, the tie rack, pizza hut, schu, pc world, auto glass, toys r us, didn't do them any harm!

19. !!

!! New Member

come on now audi just buy one get a renault or the new peugeot boxer

20. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

Yep gonzo your right i've p155ed around for 3 months now looking for a new van, it's about time i just bought one.
    So when i go back to work on the 4th i will order something.