still no new van!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by audi-evo, Dec 14, 2006.

1. !!

!! New Member

Just had a go in the new VW crafter was quite nice, or if you don't do loads of miles how about one of these http://www.modec.co.uk/

2. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

Yep i like the look of the crafter but again the lwb is at the higher end of the price range and about 3k more than a master.

3. !!

!! New Member

while I've got your attention audi. Do you stock Tarkett flooring?, I need 27 packs of medium beech plank (free natural). best price so far is £450

and whereabouts are you?

4. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

yep i sell free natural and £15-50 a pack so £418-50.
    could prob round it down for you £400-
    I am in north tyneside/newcastle.

5. !!

!! New Member

£400 for pound notes eh

might take you up on that

will let you know by the 4th

6. 2 a week

2 a week New Member

audi evo

looks like a nice van? what mileage has it got?

V A T scary..get in touch mate i,m looking at jennings FORD in s shields at momment.
    also looked at dunston vans and the van man etc sick of looking ...

maybe new???

7. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

ok gonzo, i'll be back at work by the 4th anyway.
    2aweek, the van has 64k miles, sorry i have to charge VAT, i bought it new (pre-reg) from reg vardy, my carpet fitters use it so no heavy/dirty work. It's a pain in the ar5e to p/ex it cos i need to get my private plate off thats why i would rather sell it private.

8. 2 a week

2 a week New Member

Hi audi.evo..

I was looking for something with less mileage,not having much luck though.
    I even looked on ebay were they are selling ***** for top money.going round a few dealers on thursday to see what they can do for new van,s .i,ll keep you informed..
    Thanks

9. !!

!! New Member

I'll have that flooring audi, do you have 28 boxes?

e-mail me your phone number and I'll ring you in the morning

vonryan81@fsmail.net

10. Biffo

Biffo Member

Hi audi ,why not go for a master ,import ???
    the guy i bought my master from always does ,every 2 years ,saves around 3k .somewhere in bristol I think
    just a thought

Birmingham v toons saturday u coming ???

regards Biffo

11. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

2aweek, if you are looking for a van expect 25k a year as average mileage (you should know this by now if you have looked around)
    My van has 64k on it and is a 2002 so very low for a van.
    Also you will find most vans are abused ex builders etc.
    Mine being a carpet fitters van is a bit of a rare find these days as it carries light and clean loads.
    When you are sick of looking at all the 5h1te give me a call ;)

12. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

Biff it's not so much getting a deal on a new van it's actually getting hold of one if you don't want white!
    Seems to be 8-12 weeks if you want a colour!
    Had a good quote this week £13600 new shape transit 300 lwb high roof + £360 for met paint.
    Def fav so far.

13. Biffo

Biffo Member

64k on a 2002 is ok !!!!

mine had 128k at 18 months when i bought it

was the right money ,cost 450 full renault service and cambelt ,its been sound Touch wood

14. Biffo

Biffo Member

And its White

15. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

Yep white seems to be all you can get.
    Wonder what the local paint shop would say if i rolled up in a new van and asked for a full colour change!

16. 2 a week

2 a week New Member

Hi audi evo

Had a look @ a renault vivaro today at bristol st motors its on a 02 plate 68k there looking for 6 grand + the vat .its got a couple of scratches and a canny dent in the back door.. oh and worst of all ..ITS WHITE.hey who knows i could be taken a trip into enemy territory to have a look .if i dont find anything soon. cos although i,ve only seen yours by a photo it looks the best iv,e seen?

i,ll keep you in touch

c,mon KEANO

17. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

2 A week, if it helps the van was bought from REG VARDY, WESSINGTON WAY SUNDERLAND!!!!!!!!
    so it is really just comming home if you buy it!
    Also i have just bought a machine polisher off here so will be polishing the living daylights out of it prior to selling and will have it shining like wossit on a barn door!

18. i got a vauxhall brava double cab pick up 4x2.
    that has been my first to drive anyway as i have been on motorbikes 15 years..
    s reg 2.5 td and got it for 1800 6 months ago.
    to my surprise after i bought it, the engine was a isuzu one and somehow all over the pick up chasis/engine etc was ''made in japan'' which delighted me.
    i did buy a truckman top and put 2 roof rails on it and despite 1 ton truck it has taken abeating few times 50 bags of plaster= bit more than 1 ton, 20 sheets of big plasterboard on roof, plus tools plus 5 people inside..
    roll on ;)))
    i am looking for an extra van, as got more work and plasterboard a bit tricky on rain !
    where i come from its sort of mercedess land.. if its not mercedes then **** it! so i was looking for mwb mercedes sort of 98- reg but they say they **** and expensive?? are they for real or what?
    ps; i hate transits, and wouldnt buy french..they ban our beef ;))

19. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

98 sprinter??????? either millenium falcon miles or silly money.
    If you are buying an old van sprinters are poor value for money, check autotrader, this week an x reg sprinter 56k miles £6995+ vat!!!!!!!!!!
    My 2002 renault master 64k £4500+vat
    Better van altogether.
    Sprinters have plenty of faults/problems and will cost a fortune to put right.
    My van is 2002 and only thing to ever fail on it was a indicator relay, it starts everyday, never broken down, drives mint and looks good.
    Take a look at old sprinters they are just that, old and tired looking.
    You drive a vauxhall and were suprised that it was japanese, well movanos vivaros (vauxhall badge) are renaults as are nissan primastars and nissan interstars!
    Transits are good workhorses but the renault master is the best pound for pound van on the road!

20. gardm1nt

gardm1nt New Member

Plastering london, Check out the volkswagon LT. More reliable than a sprinter and will do astronopmical miles.

Quite rare to see second hand but worth it if you can find one.