STRANGE HAPPENING ON JOBS. [YOUR REAL LIFE ]WORK EXPERIENCES]

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by BOB THE B, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

No comment

Handyandy - really

2. handyman.

handyman. New Member

Thanks DA, thats what I thought you thought if you know what I mean ;)

So................I'll continue hating BobtheB (aka CF)

3. Crockski

Crockski New Member

Thats amazin Bob, a similar thing happened to me on the very same road.
    I was driving past Seaham in my 78-wheeler Peterbilt-Mac-Foden-Transcontinental,1964 it was, i was delivering gold bullion to the Kray twins in Auld Landon Tarn i was, when the biggest fly you ever did see, exploded on my windscreen. Pretty normal i thought.....until i heard the demonic buzzing shortly afterwards. It was an eerie, almost other-wordly death rattle. I would have dismissed it as a trick of the mind, if not for my good friends Arthur Askey and Dougie Bader, who were riding shotgun at the time....and heard it too.
    We got out to check the wheels for any signs of fly blood, or maybe small pieces of supernatural excrement...to no avail. We were flummoxed!!!!
    Upon returning home, i telephoned my great friend, and one time sexual partner, Dorris Stokes, and she informed me that i had just survived an encounter with the infamous "Gnat of Murton", and was lucky to survive. How we chortled later......blah..etc

4. BOB THE B

BOB THE B New Member

Been there - done that.

VISIT MURTON COLIERY- THE LAS VEGAS OF THE NORTH.

1956/7. Murton dance hall Rock and Bop nights, with bus trips to Murton from all over. If I recall it was in the wooden Village Hall, lots of lovely girls, everyone all polite and friendly, quite a peaceful gathering. Lots of nice people in Seaham, Easington, the 5 Trimdons, Wingate, Shotton and Haswell. I've knocked all those doors.

Bob.

5. HAMMERBOY

HAMMERBOY New Member

Had a load of problems recently getting paid for a plastering job . Whenever i turned up at the house there was no answer so i'd wait for an hour or so hoping for signs of movement but nothing. I persisted with this method for 3 or 4 weeks , an hour or so a day every day including weekends.

Eventually, on one of my vigils, a neighbour came out and asked me what i was doing. I couldn't believe it when i was told the owner was infact dead and the house had been derelict for 11 years. It then dawned on me that i'd dreamt that i'd done this job because i'd always wanted to be a plasterer rather than a psychiactric nurse.

6. BOB THE B

BOB THE B New Member

The previous post indicates a lack of ambition, if the writer had possessed this gift [though ambition is not a gift, its a desire?] he would have sat outside a bank and wanted to be free of the uncontrollable urge to rob one.

B.

7. BOB THE B

BOB THE B New Member

On my travels I have seen just 2 signs of suicide attempts and was party to one actual suicide caused unwittingly by myself. The first incident was quite straightforward, as we were climbing into the loft a rope with an hangmens knot fell out of the loft into the upstairs landing area. The houseowner explained that he had had 3 attempts at suicide none of them successful, during the first attempt the rope was too long and he fell to the floor shocked but unhurt. During the 2nd attempt the brush shank he had tied the rope to [it was jammed down the eaves] had smapped causing him to fall down the stairs and break his elbow and nose, the rope we had discovered was for his next intended 3rd attempt. He was trying to work up the courage.

The suicide came about as follows; We were working on a church in Middlesbrough, the Vicar had contacts with St Lukes Mental Hospital and he used to find casual work for some of the younger patients, the Vicar asked us would we give a casual job to one of the young male patients, I agreed. The next day this boy/man aged 23? turned up at 9-30am and all I could think for him to do was to sweep up the Church grounds, we give him a brush and shovel and a bin, and he started work after 20 minutes he sat down and had a smoke, by 12-30 he had done no real work and had spent most of his time smoking, going to the shops and hiding under the bushes having a Cig. This went on until 2. 45 pm when I had had enough, I told him that we intended paying him for his labours, that he wasn't interested, that the men were complaining that he was cadging **** non-stop of them and I pointed that if this was a proper job then he would get fired immediately, he promised to improve. I left the job and on my return at 3. 30 pm he had gone. The men said that he had just wandered off, late that evening he threw himself off Saltburn nab a 300 foot drop. I am of the opinion that watching us all work together made him realise what a misfit he was, that he had no skills and would never fit in anywhere. Whatever. This was an ex-student who had had 3 mental breakdowns and it was a lesson to me never to get involved in social / therapy work again.

B.

8. handyman.

handyman. New Member

9. unwittingly by myself

OH MY GOD.... Bob drives people to suicide!!! (I'm not surprised thro, reading his posts, I've been tempted!) :)

10. Crockski

Crockski New Member

Any funny experiences with necrophiliacs then Bob?????? Surely you must of encountered a few in your time.........ey......dirty boy!!

11. BOB THE B

BOB THE B New Member

Yes I have met two, both brothers and both called Crotski. It appears they leave messages on public toilets walls saying Crotski was here and instructions to meet outside the local Morgue for a bit of Crotski.

My biggest problem was Nyphomaniacs, I haven't met one who wasn't barmy in some way, and do they cling, then will you tire of them they become threatening, my last Nympho I threatened to set 2 Crotski's on her and off she went, I do hope she wasn't a jumper and not the knit 1, pearl 1 variety of jumper.

B.

12. Mr. Handyandy

13. they're the dead ones, he drove to kill themselves!

14. E J WOOD

E J WOOD New Member

i think bob the borer is my mother inlaw

15. devil's advocate

devil's advocate New Member

Hmm.

The second person to resurrect a Bob the B post in as many weeks.

Admit it; you all miss him as much as me. :)

16. Mr. Handyandy

....And how many of you are looking with one eye closed, and the other squinted.....

just in case it's BOB THE B replying ?????? :)

Mr. Handyandy - really