Strange year

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by bathroom boy, Dec 17, 2009.

1. bathroom boy

bathroom boy New Member

Been an up and down year for me, but can't complain as I don't advertise most jobs are word of mouth.
    I am fortunate that I don't owe anything, so I can afford to take a hit now and again, but I feel for a lot out there as this country is going to the dogs, all manufacturing is virtually gone, there are no proper jobs and if there is they are exploited by minimum wage.
    I know a young chap so cheesed off with it he has joined up and will serve in Afganistan.

2. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

its a ploy by the higher classes to run the country down ,making other countries more attractive to would be migrants and fed up working class people who can't get work anymore,and its having an effect,,,my son emmergrated 4 years ago, he came home at summer for a month holiday and could't get back fast enough, we don't apprieceate how bad the country is getting because it getting worse a little each day, un noticeable to residents, but when a expat comes back for a visit, they get the full impact, WHAM,

3. barbels1

barbels1 New Member

Who's to blame? what are the general views of the workers?

4. sussexplumb1

sussexplumb1 New Member

The problem with plumbing is noone has ever regulated the industry to make sure properly trained people only work in it!!

5. bathroom boy

bathroom boy New Member

workers?

I think it's the money men who are to blame and not just the recent banking fiasco, this has been going on since the early 80s, no long term investment just greedy fat cats making a quick buck, they are ok, they have there pension sorted. it happened again a few weeks ago, big steel plant, sunderland was it,they have been sold out.
    God help us if we had another war in europe.

6. Bert Large

Bert Large New Member

There is already too much regulation Sussexplumb. ACS every 5 years, Gas work notification, building control for bathrooms (not that anyone bothers) etc. etc.
    One of the big problems with this country is the over regulation of everything, largely to create non-jobs for hundreds of thousands of civil servant box tickers.

This country will never get back on its feet until
    A) We get out of the EU & elect a real government of our own not afraid to tackle real issues & not solely concerned with lining their own pockets.
    B) re-create a big UK manufacturing base along with all its associated jobs & real wealth generation
    C) Wean all the scum class off their benefits culture & back into work - goes along with B really.

7. Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon New Member

Well work is going mental for me at the moment mostly up at 6 on the job for 7 back at 5 plus any emergency work I get in the evening before I have had a drink. This has been my best week ever.

8. sussexplumb1

sussexplumb1 New Member

Theres not enough regulation to stop the five week wonders from courses taking work!! Our recesion is all to do with the banking system not Europe or Parliament.

9. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

u have a drink and go out on emergency work dragon?????

10. Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon New Member

The word before!

11. natrosol

natrosol New Member

I was planning to go full time into the plumbing world last year,but I,ll be carrying on part-time,this recession has reminded me how good a position I have been in-get plenty of work when I need it and can continue to put myself in a better position when I do make the change.

12. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member