Stupid Bank

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Simon J, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Simon J

Simon J New Member

Last night checked my bank account and found cheques deposited on the 1st, 2nd & 3rd December still hadn't been put into my account. I phoned the customer care people last might and they started to investigate the problem.

What was the cause of it do you think?.......

Apparently the bank hadn't checked their post box since the start of the month!!!

I couldn't beleive it, they get worse don't they.

The customer care team are getting the branch manager to phone me tomorrow, i'm looking forward to it! I'll see if I can get some reconpence from them. They're all too quick to charge customers when they mess up, might be nice if they did the same.

Thing is, the cheques are only being delt with now, taking the amount of days it normally takes to clear cheques it won't be until next week before they go into my account.

2. Cornish Crofter

Cornish Crofter Active Member

Which bank was it?

3. plumbers crack

plumbers crack New Member

Unbelievable, Simon, my ex bank actually lost a large cheque a couple of years ago, 28 days to look in to it, in which time i went overdrawn and had to fight to get the bank charges re-credited. even though they admitted in the end it was all there fault, so i wouldnt expect to much.
    Its all one way traffic with Banks, i hate them, massive profits for years and years and then tax payers money helps them out when they get in to a bit of bother and they still treat us like ****, dont get me started on banks. oh you have. Good luck fella.

4. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

I've a pal that's an accountant & he said there's going to be a big increase in small independant bank over the next 20 years, offering better service & real old fashioned Bank Managers. Lets face it; the Banks are responsible for the current credit crunch, lending money to people who couldn't pay it back!!

5. Dyke Pullover

Dyke Pullover New Member

Hate to say it but, it's one of the few time's I agree with you DP.

6. Simon J

Simon J New Member

It was Nat West.

I was hoping to speak to the branch manager today, it came to 4.30pm and not heard anything. Phoned the Customer Care team, they called back to tell me the manager would phone me when the branch closed for trading. Came to 5.45pm still no call, phoned the customer care team again, and told them he hasn't called.

Very poor customer service, if I ran my business like that I'd be out of business that's for sure.

May be it's time for a change in banks.

7. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

:(

I'm with Nat West.

Still whaddya expect?

It's run by Broon and Darjeeling now!

Downhill all the way......