Sugar Les Miserables what Felix said

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Lokkars Daisy, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

Les Miserables   Victor Hugo   1862[/b]

In light of the fact that that sugar not fat in our foods is a major cause of illness and diabetes it is interesting to read that Victor Hugo knew this 150 years ago when he wrote Les Mierables. Here is what the character Felix Tholomyes says ?

You have but one fault, O woman, and that is nibbling sugar, O nibbling sex, your pretty little white teeth adore sugar. Now, heed me well, Sugar is the most desiccating of all salts, it sucks the liquids of the blood through the veins; hence coagulation, and then the solidification of the blood; hence tubercles in the lungs, hence death. That is why diabetes borders on consumption. Then, do not crunch sugar, and you will live

What a wonderful thingy the Kindle is ,
    ps It's a jolly long book

2. And jolly exciting by the sounds of izzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

4. tommycabs

tommycabs New Member

no wonder he was a miserable buggar if he never had toffee

5. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

The body converts excess sugar to fat.

I seem to have consumed some excess sugar at sometime or other......

6. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

Sugar is very similar to alchohol, it's a poison just the same as alchohol but without the buzz

7. MrGrimNasty

MrGrimNasty New Member

If you eat a plain diet for several weeks, then eat something sugary, you'll get a hell of a buzz. Mostly you don't notice as the 'immunity' builds up. Same as with alcohol really. Too much and you end up zonked out in sugar shock.

8. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

I might try that Mr Grim