Suitable for the task?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by candoabitofmoststuff, Jul 8, 2020.

Tags:
  1. candoabitofmoststuff

candoabitofmoststuff Screwfix Select

2. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

You don’t glue down . Felt nails

3. candoabitofmoststuff

I know you do normally.... but it's called "Roof felt adhesive", so presumeable it's suitable for roof felt, (on a s... My question was really about whether or not it would be suitable on OSB.

Cando

4. Hans_25

Hans_25 Screwfix Select

I guess it would work, but why would you want to (instead of nails)?

5. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

When the felt fails in a few years time ..... and it will, and you need to strip the roof to lay new felt, will this adhesive make this process difficult / impossible / ?

I’ve never used it but have used a similar product in the Black Jack range from Everbuild. This was for a temporary patch repair to a felt garage roof

Product in link says it’s for asphalt, metal, concrete, no mention of timber but can’t see why it won’t stick to OSB

Most companies have a tech help line you can call so maybe get the definitive answer from the ‘horses mouth’ .... so to speak

Have you read the full product detail leaflets available online ? Maybe the answer is contained there ?

6. candoabitofmoststuff

I'll have a think about it all.
    Thanks all.
    Cando