Sun shade fixing idea...

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by Vim Parmar, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Vim Parmar

Vim Parmar New Member

Hi,

Pic attached will help. I want to put a triangular sun shade up in the garden. I have one tree to connect a bungee cord to but 2 other points are fairly low level fence posts. I want to fix something to the fence post which can stay 'hidden' against the fence post but then when I need it, I can ping something up (to create the height needed) and attach my bungee cord/sun shade. The best way I could describe what I need is a kitchen drawer runner to slide up and lock into place and be strong enough to take the strain, then when I don't use it, I can simply slide it back down again.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. big all

big all Screwfix Select

its worth pointing out you cannot touch or affix to someone else's fence without permission
    i would suggest something like a long 45mm wide 1-2mm thick plate slotted in the post slot and removed when not needed

3. James O connor

James O connor New Member

Telescopic poles would give you the height you need

4. MRY

MRY Screwfix Select

Don't use bungees. They are a store of energy which can bite hard. Use some sort of cord. As above, if the fences are not yours, they are not yours to attach things to.

5. Truckcab79

Truckcab79 Screwfix Select

telescopic poles or similar made from scaffold poles for a heavier duty version. Don’t underestimate the power that the wind can put behind even a small sail.

Or a fixed pole and ropes / pulleys.