Surprise, surprise!

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by longboat, May 2, 2017.

1. For the sake of us all I hope you are right.

But I don't think so. She is doing what she thinks is best for the Tory party and herself, not the country.

"This lady ain't for us" that means all of us worker types!

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Well she what we've got, so we'll have to live in hope she does the right thing.

Firstly not being bullied into paying an astronomical amount of money to bail the EU out.

3. So how much, if anything, will she pay?

Bet she pays more than you expect. With the words, something like. This may seem expensive but it is a small amount in the scale of trade we can now do. The cbi want her to pay the asking price, working type peeps want her to pay nothing (or next to nothing). Will soon she who she is interested in keeping the happiest.

4. Phil the Paver

She shouldn't technically be paying anything, we are in credit with the EU, we also have a share of all EU assets.

Now bearing in mind we have a trade deficit with the EU, do you think that big major EU businesses will allow the EU to demand if we say NO.

5. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

25 billion, probably already been agreed.

6. Phil the Paver

2.5 years of Nett payments. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

The Question is WHY.

7. Double that, probably agreed, I agree.

So much for negotiation if so.

And I also predict some of our financial business will move to Europe, even though others have predicted it won't. Some has already moved, lots of others currently deciding how much to move, not if or not.

8. Phil the Paver

Don't be one-sided, some have also stayed and put money into the UK despite Brexit.

9. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

It would be the easy way out. I have no idea how much we will pay, but I'd wager the 'leaks and grandstanding' is being stage managed.
    They demand 40 billion which quickly rises to 80 billion, we eventually pay 20-25 billion(which is a ludicrously high amount) and claim it as a triumph.

10. Which translates as, she is buying success.

If only you could see it.

It is the i international equivalent of those trade sites you pay to get some work :D

11. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Rubbish, banks and financial institutions are opening up offices in Europe to hedge their bets, not much more than a token presence. If we do ever lose the number 1 position in global finance
    it will be to New York.

12. Lets wait and see the scale of movement then shall we ?

But just remember the financial sector is all we have got !

13. Rubbish. Usa already controls the money.

Name any banking institution that isnt moving, or planning to move lots of people.

Including to Ireland by the way

14. Phil the Paver

It would be more shocking to find out it isn't being stage managed.

Sometimes I'm shocked by just how stupid the powers that be really think we are, as if anybody would believe a deals been done in our favour. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

15. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

damage limitation imco, but I'm only guessing, Merkels the one really calling the shots, she wont be around much longer.

16. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Are you serious?, are you saying all the banks have planned to leave the uk.
    I must have missed that item on the news.

17. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

https://www.ft.com/content/eb72290c-61ce-11e5-9846-de406ccb37f2

You are starting to come across as somebody who really despises this country and will do it down at any opportunity even if it entails telling lies.
    If you hate it so much, why don't you move to your beloved mainland Europe.

18. Phil the Paver

It is ironic though that Deutsche Bank are moving into London in the near future.

19. Im British through and through.

Prefer to be classed as European than American though, aren't you ?

Not doing it down at all. Got my eyes open and scared to see what is happening to us.

Progress? Going backwards!

20. You know why. Overall, we are!