Suspended floor insulation - which type ?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Bargain Bucket, Oct 3, 2018.

  1. I've used celotex GA4050 under all my suspended floors. I'm now doing the last room in the house and the price from Travis Perkins has gone up massively. In fact I think GA4000 has been withdrawn from sale. There seems to be various other types of Celotex available but I'm bewildered as to what the differences are. Can anyone please suggest a cost effective alternative to the GA4050 I've been using please? Doesn't have to be Celotex.

    Many thanks.
  2. Richard_

    Richard_ Active Member

    Try Seconds and co on eBay. They sell rejected Kingspan. The main defects are a crease in one of the faces, or out of tolerance on thickness. Some may have a bagged corner or dent. None of which will be a problem for your intended use.
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    KIAB likes this.
  3. Thanks for the link. I only need 3 sheets for this project so went with Recital from TP in the end.
  4. Richard_

    Richard_ Active Member

    That makes sense for a small order. They have a depot near York are so it's a no-brainer to pick up half price stuff just an hour away

Share This Page