swearing on Oath,

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by tom.plum, Apr 11, 2015.

1. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

This is just you coming up with words and figures, where are you getting them from?

Welshdragon1 likes this.
  2. I just don't get you, Ry.

Contrary doesn't even begin.

You admit to being a liar and cheat. You express bitterness against your fellow human beings. You believe in ghosts and mystical powers. And you are presumably a christian.

That all adds up to a very confused - and a really not very nice - person.

3. gpierce

gpierce Active Member

Wow I don't even know where to begin.

Fist off - who the heck is Christopher Hitchens? Seems I've never even heard of my hero, he must be pretty rubbish at being a hero. Ironically if all atheists saw this guy as their hero, then maybe we'd all start a religion in his name...

Atheist doesn't equal religion hater. If you want to follow a faith, I won't hate you, but please don't bother trying to sell it too me. As a gay man married to a Jew I can assure you I have no problems with religion existing - but I completely agree with DA that it needs to be a free choice. Ever bump into a Mormon? I don't blame them for believing what they do, even though I'm pretty sure the Garden of Eden didn't exist, especially not in America, most of them were brought up with it, and we do tend to believe what our parents tell us as we grow up. Given a free choice at the age of 18 having been given a fair and balanced education in different religions, I suspect most people would find them interesting, but not actually holding a faith.

I get more annoyed when a religion restricts my ability to go shopping in Asda at 9PM on a Sunday night just so your god can have a rest. I don't object to your god having a day off, but neither do I require his presence whilst I buy bread and milk on a Sunday evening.

Welshdragon1 likes this.
  4. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

RY, how many human sacrifices have there been, "to the gods" over the thousands of years, atheism is relatively new in terms of human existence and has come about because we are now capable of understanding that, all that happens just happens and isn't the work of a greater being.

Welshdragon1 likes this.
  5. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Scientists know and understand that the energy in the universe is running down. That means it had a beginning and will have an ending. Thus it was created.
    Something cannot be created from nothing.

If you think it can then explain how?

6. gpierce

gpierce Active Member

No, Scientists believe that the amount of energy in the universe is constant, and never goes up or down. It's a similar principal to forces having an equal and opposite reaction. The current theory is that the amount of energy contained within the universe is, always has, and always will be exactly the same.

Welshdragon1 likes this.
  7. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Wrong. You only have to listen to Brian Cox. Unless you think your better qualified than him.

The second law of thermodynamics..
    The amount of energy available for work is running out, or entropy is increasing to a maximum.

One day the universe will be empty space. Totally empty.
    Bit like advocates skull. LoL

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  8. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You seem to be going off track from the evidence of atheist war deaths, BTW Brian Cox is an atheist.

9. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

There is naivety in just saying there’s no God;
    Professor Brian Cox.

10. gpierce

gpierce Active Member

Seems rich to suddenly start turning to science. I'm pretty sure Brian Cox is one of those evil atheists - you should probably burn him.

Find me a reference for that claim would you? I'm really struggling.

Energy as a constant, the idea that it can't be created or destroyed, only transferred is known as the first law of thermodynamics.

plenty of reading on google if you fancy a fun night of physics.

Welshdragon1 likes this.
  11. Welshdragon1

Welshdragon1 Active Member

I am still awaiting some irrefutable evidence from you RY

12. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Any evidence would be a good start.

13. Welshdragon1

Hot air springs to mind, I have met these types many a time, I love having a banter with them ;)

14. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Says it all.. And rains down on the atheists parade with the "no gawd" banners. [​IMG]

15. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Yet again you just look at the headline and don't read the article.

16. Welshdragon1

'RYLUER

What no linky to prove your source ??

17. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

18. gpierce

gpierce Active Member

If you read the article you'd have seen how in the same paragraph he explains that the fact his fridge works proves there is no afterlife. I'm pretty sure the afterlife is quite a big part of the offering of Christianity...

Welshdragon1 likes this.
  19. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I think that one is from The Shawshank Redemption.

Welshdragon1 likes this.