Syrian dictator

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Apr 5, 2017.

1. has almost certainly carried out another heinous crime causing the agonising deaths of innocent people, including children.

I wonder if May and Foxie are going to rush to fly out there to try and make a trade deal?

Lanc likes this.
  2. P J Thompson

P J Thompson Active Member

At the risk of contentiousness, how do we know Assad did this?

Going by the maxim, cui bono? What did he have to gain? Who has gained from this? Who stands to?

3. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

How do we know Assad did this? A better question would be...who else had the capability to do this? Someone did it...if not Assad then who?

4. P J Thompson

The Russians say it was a munitions dump that got shelled. The 'rebels' have apparently used them in the past so how do we know the Russians aren't right?

5. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Never underestimate the powers that be.

I'm surprised Russia hadn't been blamed for it yet.

6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

For heavens sake o_Oo_Oo_O

7. P J Thompson

Like I said, show me some evidence and explain what Assad had to gain, knowing that there's a queue of people looking for an excuse to get him gone. Knowing what happened to Hussein, gaddaffi...knowing that the CIA started a campaign to raise a rebellion against him including setting up a TV channel in 2004.
    What would his reason be for handing his head over on a plate?
    I just don't get it. Why would he knowingly do something that would reignite the oust Assad fires...just after those fires were supposedly dampened?

8. Give us an alternative. Somebody did it.

I am still undecided, but given the options that I can see......

9. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Didn't Trump just come out and support Assad?
    How did the rebels get Sarin?

10. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Probably got it from the munitions dump Assad's troops left behind.
    Anyway, I'm not entirely sure Assad is behind this. For all we know it could be the rebels themselves. Was there anything about rebels being killed in the same attack??

11. P J Thompson

All I see is the same old voices clamouring for Assad to be punished, dealt with and removed. The same old voices saying Russia is complicit in Assad's war crimes....and some of those voices are proper onside with the Saudis decimating the Yemen!
    The level of hypocrisy is staggering.
    The lack of evidence for anything is equally staggering, has been all the way through with Syria. I just find it hard to trust what anyone says about this whole hideous situation. They're all a bunch of hideous bloody thirsty ********

12. Incredible - no wonder we are all completely fluffed.

Post-truth and conspiracy theories are the order of the day.

"SHOW ME THE EVIDENCE! SHOW ME THE EVIDENCE!" :rolleyes:

Dr Bodgit likes this.
  13. Phil the Paver

Yes EVIDENCE.

The amazing lack of.

14. Phil, JJ and also PJ? are lovin' Britain's new friends.

Which is probably fair enough - as they'll soon be the only friends we have.

Britain is about to get the kicking it thoroughly deserves. We are - rightfully - held in utter contempt for our ignorant move.

The Millwall chant; NOBODY LIKES US - AND WE DON'T CARE!"

15. There is 100% conclusive evidence that your brain is only partially working. And the part that is is rotten.

16. Phil the Paver

WTF are you on about.

People are killed in a chemical attack and your taking utter barlocks about something that has no relevance to the subject in hand.

As for a kicking, yer right :p:p:p:p:p:p:p, the EU are showing the rest of the world just how sad it really is. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Shaggy likes this.
  17. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

DA, I'll be the first to put my hand up and say I'm no friend , nor supporter of Assad, but where there's war, there's also innocent victims. Where there's innocent victims, no one's going to put their hands up and say "It was me." Neither Assad , the Russkies, nor the rebels are likely to put their hands up now are they?

18. Phil the Paver

D
    You have finally lost the plot, I really fail to understand what the **** your going on about most of the time.

But my head is far from rotten and its certainly not bitter like yours so do us all a favour and **** ***

19. P J Thompson

So, evidence isn't required where heinous war crimes are concerned?
    The thing to do is to just believe the words of people who's hands are every bit as dirty, if not dirtier than the hands of the one they accuse?
    And to think as i do means you're a conspiracy theorist, friend of criminals?

I contend that THIS is the very mindset that renders us 'fluffed'!

Never mind eh, it's not like there's anything serious like a potential WW3 at stake, millions of suffering, many thousands of dead....let's just take cheap unsubstantiated shots at people who don't see things the same way as we do on an internet forum, that's what this is all about.

Oh wait, hang on a mo....

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017

20. The way Trump is sabre rattling about N.Korea and Assad, ww3 looks a distinct possibility.

I just hope he has his facts right!

So if he is prepared to make such comments, you think it might not be so ?

We are in dangerous times.