tac wise

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by holly, Mar 30, 2006.

1. holly

holly New Member

B & Q are selling a 240 volt nail gun called tac wise.
    Are they any good ?
    Cheers Holly

2. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

i dont use electric "pin guns""

paslode, paslode, paslode

3. jasonb

jasonb New Member

Not sure what model B&Q are doing but they make several guns including a cordless that will fire upto 50mm so that puts them into the Brad nailer class. As for pinners I'll stick to my Maestri.

Jason

4. diyhopeful

diyhopeful Active Member

Tac wise used to be Rapesco.

The 191el isn't bad but don't expect too much. Fastens 6mm board no problem though, maybe even up to 12mm but you need a firm hold ofthe handle otherwise the pins stay proud of the surface.

Spare nails are available in machine mart a lot cheaper than B&Q

Not in the same league as a Paslode which fires real nails as opposed to long pins or staples.

5. Dewy

Dewy New Member

I bought a Rapesco (Takwise) brad nailer a few years ago. It is now hung up in the workshop as a warning not to waste money on such carp again. The pins wouldn't go to full depth but left approx 1/8" standing proud. Rapesco insisted that only their own brads would work in it which were more expensive than others.

6. handyhuk

handyhuk New Member

I have thre diffrent ones and they are great. i got my last one from tacwisetools.co.uk they sell all there stuff

7. flyingscotsman

flyingscotsman New Member

waste of money!!!