Tanking Bath

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by tore81, Mar 14, 2019.

1. tore81

tore81 Well-Known Member

Hi all

I have some tanking left over from a previous shower job.

Im tiling on to plaster wall not board.

So I take it I don't need the jointing tape in the corners just the primer and paint also bath is already in so struggling to fit the tape on to the bath do I just tank wall then get a nice thick silicone bead on to bath before the tiling.

The tape is too big too sit half on bath and on wall. It doesn't look like it is designed to sit on bath then onto wall

Can someone please advise

2. tore81

tore81 Well-Known Member

To simplify the post. The tanking membrane is only used for joins on wall etc.

My bath is already in do no way of using underside of the bath on to the wall.

So plan is now paint plasterd wall with tanking paint then thick silicone bead onto bath before tiling then tile then silicone again. Does this seem correct?

Thanks in advance

3. CGN

CGN Well-Known Member

Silicone bath in. Tank. Tile/grout. Silicone.

tore81 and longboat like this.
  4. tore81

tore81 Well-Known Member

Thanks both I have also an issue where Bath has been chased into the wall.

I need to flatten wall with bonding so have to remove taps temporarily. To much hassle to fit ISO valves.

Is there a way to fit flexi on to say a stop end so I can use other services in the house while bonding is going off etc Hope that makes sense Thanks

5. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Well-Known Member

If your bonding out wall to level, not recommended to then tile over bonding plaster

Ok to bond and then skim over with a finishing plaster, and then tile

Not sure what you mean about fitting a flexi to a stop end ?

Do you mean the other way round perhaps ? Fit a stop end to a flexi to isolate bath ?

If uv removed taps from bath like you say, then just connect back to flexis under bath and ensure taps are off

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 12:17 AM