Tap end peice has come loose

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Harinder Dhillon, Jun 11, 2019.

  1. Harinder Dhillon

    Harinder Dhillon New Member

    All the following peice below(see pic) has come of the bottom of the tap end (where the water comes out) it doesnt seem like a screw in peice. Is this easy to replace or add back in?

    Thanks in advance

  2. Heat

    Heat Screwfix Select

    It is called an aerator.
    It is normally threaded. If no fine threads on it, might be broken and rest of it still in spout.
    Difficult probably to source a replacement part. Worth trying some universal aerators
  3. DIYDave.

    DIYDave. Screwfix Select

    Several types and sizes of aerator and all easily available online

    Often there's a silver metal/plastic fitting that is threaded and screws onto tap spout, the piece in your photo just sits inside the silver section
    Other taps, its just the plastic piece in your photo which is threaded and screws direct into tap spout or, could be a push fit

    Available with either male or female threads, common sizes being 18,
    20, 22, 24mm

    Guess your aerator is a male thread, ie, tap spout has an internal thread, just need to measure diameter and do a search, loads and loads available, as an example;



Share This Page