Tapes

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Dick Puller, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

I was on the tools the other day, usual banter & **** taking. One Joiner was laughing at my 3M tape measure!! I told him I've always used a small 3M tape, not many pipes are longer than 3M, you can feed the blade through a small pipe hole in units or wood & light enough to carry in your pocket - so you'll never lose it.

Of course he couldn't understand all this & kept it up all day, so I took a 'dump' in the back of his van!! That'll be a nice wee surprise for him..........:^O :^O :^O :^O

2. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

i like to upset joiners by asking to borrow a sharp saw for a minute, and cut some plastic with it,that really gets them wound up :^O

3. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Ah yes the other trades wind-ups!! One site there was this grumpy auld Joiner, we would see the COW doing his rounds, so we would unscrew door handles & of course the COW would then inspect the hinges - to find only one screw in each hinge. We would be pizzing ourselves as he jotted down all the faults on the snagging list...........Oh happy days.....:^O :^O :^O

Another one was with the Sparks, just before the COW had a walk round. Unscrew the sockets & twist them to a ***** angle & tighten the screws again. The COW would walk into a room look at it & end up going round with a level on every switch, while we would **** ourselves laffin!!!

4. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

we'd pour plaster in the sparks tool bag, did't take much plaster, they only have 2 screwdrivers a wire cutter and a roll of insulation tape,
    then we'd **** in;t plasterers mix, that makes it go off quick,
    put a smoke bomb in the jcb cab, while he's on the back acter,
    eee those where the days, not many sites goin up here any more, and the ones that are going the new safety regs have spoiled the 'fun',

5. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Talking of Sparks or sparks flying!! I love your new video Tom, another classic!!!
    Keep em up.

6. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

thanks Dick.

7. Don't give us all that rubbish, the only reason you use a three metre tape is cos you're too tight to buy a five metre one.

8. gordon bennett

gordon bennett New Member

Of course he couldn't understand all this & kept it
    up all day, so I took a 'dump' in the back of his
    van!! That'll be a nice wee surprise for
    him..........:^O :^O :^O :^O

So that confirms what everybody knows,

Youve got **** comming out both ends of your body.