Tax Return

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by Ryluer, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Does anyone know the name of the form (or certificate) that is needed for doing a tax return?

It contains information on earnings.
    My last employer always gave these to me personally. But my current one is giving me a blank stare when I ask for them.
    I've been fined £100 pounds already.:(
    The governments website is like a minefield.

It would help though if I knew the correct term.
    Many Thanks.

2. flateric

flateric Well-Known Member

P45 ........ Unless it has another name now ?????? Why you have received a fine I don't know sort it out the inland revenue will not let it go talk to them. :( you have no chance of getting off unless you earn billions :(

3. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Its not a P45. I'm self employed.

4. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

If you work for somebody why do you need a tax return.???

5. Phil the Paver

Ignore the above you've answered that, if your self employed do you not have an accountant??, I wouldn't be without mine, saves me £££££££££.

6. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Because I'm self employed.
    But I still have only one employer. That's how it can work.

Once my accountant fills the online data I'll receive a payment from the IR.
    As I have overpaid.
    I'll phone my accountant in the morning and ask him.
    Thanks anyway.

7. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Why don't you do your own and save £££££££? Its all going online as of next year.

8. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

if you've been fined already then you're a long way behind, you realy do need an accountant he/she will sort it out be don't hesitate any longer the taxman will already have an agent on your case and he/she will be like a dog with a bone, you do not want to get on the wrong side of the taxman, :(

FatHands likes this.
  9. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

If you do your own tax accounts you will come unstuck, believe me I tried it once, use an accountant,

Jitender likes this.
  10. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Some day I'm going to stop paying tax.
    And they can come and arrest me and put me in jail. Roof over my head and well provided with food and nourishment. What more could you ask for?

You mugs will pay for it.:p

11. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

I have an accountant.

12. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

ok but don't drop the soap, :)

13. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

You mean like this....

14. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

;););););););););););)

If a tub of lard like that approached me in jail I'd give him the exact same treatment.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  15. flateric

If you have an accountant and a fine then there is something really amiss. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    FatHands likes this.
  16. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Ahh but there's a big difference between an "Accountant" and a "Turf Accountant" :p:p:p:p:p

flateric likes this.
  17. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Not really. My last employer handed me the vouchers at the end of every tax year.
    Current employer doesn't and it usually runs over a year. My fault at the end of the day.

18. flateric

If you have an employer then you are not self employed. ???????????

19. Phil the Paver

You can't be self employed and have an employer, it's against the law to work for the same person consistently and not be PAYE.

20. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

OK after some googling I found it. Happy days.

Its one of these..

CIS23
    A 2-part Construction Gross Payment Voucher (CGPV) to record payments to businesses holding Construction Tax Certificates CIS5 and CIS5(Partner).

• CIS24
      A 3-part Subcontractor Gross Payment Voucher (GPV) to record payments made to holders of Subcontractors Tax Certificates (CIS6).
    • CIS25
      A 3-part Tax Payment Voucher (TPV) to record the net payments made to, and deductions made from, holders of Registration Cards (CIS4).

Thanks again.
    For nothing. :cool: