Telephone re-wiring help

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Sam93913, Jun 8, 2021.

  1. Sam93913

    Sam93913 New Member

    Hi guys,
    Ive moved into a new house which has one telephone socket in the hallway, the box mounted up high on the side of the house were the cable from the pole joins to the house is smashed and the cables are hanging freely.

    what I would like to do is to fix the housing outside and then run the cable internally in the house this time. Would I run one telephone cable from the outside box into the house to a master, then run two cables from the master to the slave sockets or could the single cable in the loft be split and three cable ran from the loft to one master and two slave sockets??

  2. spirits are real 2016

    spirits are real 2016 Screwfix Select

    You are not allowed to touch the external wiring that belongs to openreach phone them up and they will fix it for free then from your master you take your extension or ask bt to move it to a better location whilst they are there..
  3. Tony Goddard

    Tony Goddard Screwfix Select

    Junction box 66b is what is used on the outside of buildings. Sometimes, assuming the wiring is all still connected you can simply slot a new one over the terminations (they have a whacking great hole in the bottom!)

    But as spirits correctly says its BT / openreach property, and if it broken they will come out, do all the work and fix it free of charge and supply the parts.

    I find most BT guys are really helpful, if you "buy them a drink" they will hook up your extension socket or move your master for you.

    Attached Files:

  4. Ind spark

    Ind spark Active Member

    What drink :D

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice