Telescopic ladders? any good are they.

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by petertheplumber, Feb 4, 2013.

1. petertheplumber

petertheplumber New Member

Main question is are they a gimmick, or are they really useful and are they best suited for indoor use?

2. kitchenfitterleeds

kitchenfitterleeds New Member

i have a set and i love them for getting into lofts (normally for extractor ducting) dont think i would trust them for heavy work though!!

3. petertheplumber

So they are better than a step ladder for lofts then?

4. kitchenfitterleeds

kitchenfitterleeds New Member

i only carry a 4 tred step on the van so have to pull my self up into lofts were with the tele i just extend it till its were its needed sometimes you have to squeeze into the opening because you have near on 3" of ladder aswell but i find them a godsend for lofts, but as for painting or window cleaning at home i use my tripple 14! so i think the tele's are best for inside! 

5. petertheplumber

Thanks for info I am considering getting one, I have a couple of steps  that will put me up to loft level with my elbows so not much of a lift, but I have to put them on the roof rack which isn't very secure when left parked up and not used. so I thought for a plumber who is often in peoples loft's it might be a good idea and if I arrive and they had a loft ladder then The gear is inside instead of on the roof rack.